Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 right or left helical >

right or left helical

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

right or left helical

Old 01-20-2008, 04:46 PM
Spike

Default right or left helical

what fletcher should i buy for use with an excalibur crossbow??
Old 01-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: right or left helical

1st opinion of many, i'm sure, but my vote is for AZ-EZ for ALUM rt hand helical. This setup has 8 degrees, works well w/ 2"Blazers or 4" Duravanes, rt hand tightens points going into targets vs lt hand loosening them. you need the ALUM version as the carbon version is for smaller diameter carbons than xbows use. have a ball!!
Old 01-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Spike

awshucks, do you have to have a compound nock at the bottom of the arizona ez fletcher to secure it? i found the pro-model ez at Keystone country store for all shafts? seen it? have you used wraps on bolts too??
Old 01-21-2008, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: speedball

awshucks, do you have to have a compound nock at the bottom of the arizona ez fletcher to secure it? i found the pro-model ez at Keystone country store for all shafts? seen it? have you used wraps on bolts too??
You can use the oneI have for vert bow nocks, the bar for them indexes inside the thing if you need to align a cock feather to the nock. The only problem I've had w/ mine is using instant set super glues. You need a skoshy bit of time to put the cap which aligns the arms on. Haven't seen the pro model you are talking about and have never tried to do a carbon in the blue carbon model, just read warnings from other guys. I've fooled w/ bows and xbows for a long time, but last year was the first I started building my own or repairing them. I don't care for wraps anymore once I used the laquer spray paint, it comes off in seconds w/ acetone, wraps are a battle to remove. And they weigh 10 gr, lol.