Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Excalibur Compound Xbow F/S [sold] >

Excalibur Compound Xbow F/S [sold]

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Excalibur Compound Xbow F/S [sold]

Old 01-16-2008, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Excalibur Compound Xbow F/S [sold]

Excalibur and Bear archery offered a compound xbow from 2001-2004. It was called the Paradox in Canda and the Maxpoint in USA. They were/are barn burners, 340 fps w/ 400 gr arrow. Bear provided the split limbs, Excal all else. Strings, cables, parts readily available. I have a Maxpoint for sale, ready to go for $500 tyd [US] $525 [Canada] Bow has new cables, string, cable slide, Excal Varizone scope [dead on 10-50 yds] quick detatch rings, quiver and qvr mount, padded sling, [4] GT L II's. Pic's later this week.

Take $100 off if I keep the scope setup and put factory peep and pin on it. Think of it as an Exomax w/ wheels, lol.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Excalibur Compound Xbow F/S

I shoot a Maxpoint and it is a awesome bow, this is a good deal for someone just getting into crossbows,I spent a lot of money on differentxbows before i found mine.

Martin
Old 01-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

I am pretty sure DNK was looking for one of these bows.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pydpiper

I am pretty sure DNK was looking for one of these bows.
He wants the Canuck version [Paradox]for his collection, can't blame him, for a shooter there's no diff.

Actually, a little more info: Danny Miller, USA warranty rep, was somewhat instrumental in this bows design. He told me it was capable of fps over 400 back in 2000 w/ slightly diff cable and pulley choices, but neither Excal or Bear wanted to upset the apple cart on parity w/ compounds of the day, so they were tamed down to 340 fps. It wasn't until the Stryker came out last year that 400 fps barrier was broken, but Excal was there first, lol. 8 years ago.