Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Excaliber Vixen? >

Excaliber Vixen?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Excaliber Vixen?

Old 01-01-2008, 09:00 PM

Default RE: Excaliber Vixen?

u wrote that lol
u have one or dont?

ORIGINAL: Dnk

If it will take a moose the it's a no-brainer. Out to 30, maybe 35 yards on a calm deer it will be very, very effecient. No problem at all. If I only had a Vixen I would not hesitate to whack a deer or moose.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I have two of them. But if I had a Vixen only I would not hesitate to whack a deer or moose with it. It is all one needs to hunt whitetail with. You do not need more power than the Vixen offers.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:03 PM

oh ok i cant wait to get one
Old 01-01-2008, 11:24 PM

Don't sweat the camo, you can do it yourself.

She never saw it coming!

Yeah, I know it's a doe, but she's my first archery kill. That bolt went thru her like nothing.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:27 AM
KLS
Fork Horn

I dont own one but I agree with everyone else, I think a vixen would be a great choice, a better choice than what was thrown around in your other thread anyway

I own a phoenix, which is 175lb, and personally cant ever see needing anything more powerful, in fact anything with more power would be a step backward IMO, so that 150lb vixen would be more than enough

the solid "deerhide" brown is the only thing that I see as kind of lame about it, I realise that its probably meant to keep cost down but I would think that the "deerhide brown" is a coating too, just like the camo, so I just dont see why they cant offer a camo vixen, especially with the compatiblity of parts in the excalibur line...

I also noticed in your other thread that you didnt really like the idea of spending $300 on a crossbow, keep in mind that the other bows mentioned there were package deals and included just about everything you need to shoot/hunt, the cheapest I've found a new vixen for was just under $300 just for the bare bow, everything else your going to need that you dont already have, or can steal for a different setup(arrows to cut down and/or broadheads), is going to cost extra, and you can easily drop over $100 just in the basics

I'm not big on buying things like bows used because the chances of getting one that someones damagedalong the line is so high, but in your case maybeyour best betwould be to try tohunt down a good used one
Old 01-02-2008, 09:20 AM

Like others said the Vixen will get it done just fine. The only thing going up in CB is how far you want to walk to get your pass through arrow in the field.

Like KLS I thought money was a big deal breaker for you. You can get a bare bow from BHSS for 319. and then get a few extras and they add up. If 300 is not a deal breaker then the Vixen is a much better choice then the summit I recommended in the other thread. Good luck!
Old 01-02-2008, 10:44 AM

is the camo really nesssecary?
Old 01-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

If ya dont want the wife or girlfriendto find it it is...........camo does help in certain situations but dont put it down and walk away[]too far,you might not find it for awhile...................
Old 01-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

If ya dont want the wife or girlfriendto find it it is...........camo does help in certain situations but dont put it down and walk away[]too far,you might not find it for awhile...................
Old 01-02-2008, 02:44 PM

Quick Reply: Excaliber Vixen?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.