Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Merry Christmas, your Excalibur crossbow IS BROKEN >

Merry Christmas, your Excalibur crossbow IS BROKEN

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Merry Christmas, your Excalibur crossbow IS BROKEN

Old 12-22-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Merry Christmas, your Excalibur crossbow IS BROKEN

Remember me? Trying to pick a crossbow for my boyfriend? You all told me the Excalibur was great... well.. he's following the guy on the dvd's instruction to a T, and one of the limbs actually cracks horribly when he's using the stringing aid as shown...

I've been crying for two hours, and of course, I can't return it.

How the hell does this happen? I am so disgusted that I could puke.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:29 PM

Default RE: Merry Christmas, your Excalibur crossbow IS BROKEN

Don't cry, call the number in the manual. They will put a limb en route to you. All you have to do is ship the cracked one back in the same box. I had a scope problem a few weeks ago and had the new one on the bow in 4 days.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:06 AM

Which one did you get? I bought a Vortex and it seems to be working fine. I zeroed it in today and was damn near hitting the same hole at 20 yards and still hitting black at 50 yards. I only had oneproblem which I will bring up in my post. Please keep me posted to how the company takes care of you. Safety
Old 12-23-2007, 12:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Call Dan Miller at [740] 483-2312. He'll have you ship the limbs and riser [holds limbs and attatches to rail] and will replace BOTH limbs, to make sure they are equal. Less than a week.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:32 AM

with all the good things I have heard from Excalibur I am shure they will take care of you.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:55 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Crissy, there is no way things won't get straightend out. There are lots of guys (not me yet) who have dry-fired their bows and damaged them and had the limbs replaced without any hassle at all. Get on the phone and geterdone!
Old 12-23-2007, 01:08 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: CrissyK

Remember me? Trying to pick a crossbow for my boyfriend? You all told me the Excalibur was great... well.. he's following the guy on the dvd's instruction to a T, and one of the limbs actually cracks horribly when he's using the stringing aid as shown...

I've been crying for two hours, and of course, I can't return it.

How the hell does this happen? I am so disgusted that I could puke.

sounds like your luck goes about as good as mine does... if one thing in a thousand ends uphaving a problem you can bet your ass that I'll be the one thatends up withthat one thing...

however, I dont quite follow what your saying... did the limb actually crack,as insplinter, or did it just release and make a loud noise?

the string aid doesnt really put that much tension on the limbs, I cant believe that a limb would splinter from that little bit of tension without there being a major defect in the limb, which would more than likely be quite visually obvious and would have been caught long before it ever made it through assembly at the factory, I've dealt directly(over the phone anyway)with the people that own excalibur(as I'm sure everyone here has) from what I was told its a smaller company with everything being visually inspected and assembled by an actual person before its let out of the factory, and its quite apparent that they pride themselves on that

however it is possible that a defect slipped through, unfortunately it happens sometimes

where did you buy it from? maybe you should question that place, was it in a resealed package or any other signs of it being opened or tampered with?
Old 12-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

*snip* There are lots of guys (not me yet) who have dry-fired their bows *snip*
Did you seriously just say that???
Old 12-23-2007, 01:45 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pydpiper

Oh yes I've dry-fired enough times that it is no longer embarrasing but no I haven't damaged my limbs yet! But I expect to because as you know I have an extra set of limbs ready for the occasion. I have, however removed the legs from a patio chair once, does that count? LOL!
Old 12-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pydpiper

Oh yes I've dry-fired enough times that it is no longer embarrasing but no I haven't damaged my limbs yet! But I expect to because as you know I have an extra set of limbs ready for the occasion. I have, however removed the legs from a patio chair once, does that count? LOL!
I must be special because I have yet to dry fire a bow(of anykind)yet......I hope I didnt just shoot myself in the foot............

Quick Reply: Merry Christmas, your Excalibur crossbow IS BROKEN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.