Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Excalibur crossbow case >

Excalibur crossbow case

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Excalibur crossbow case

Old 12-18-2007, 11:51 AM
Spike

Default Excalibur crossbow case

I'm just checking with some other Excalibur crossbow owners to see if they have tried the Neet #7125 or Tarantula #9831 crossbow case for an Excalibur crossbow. Both say they are 44" long and 37" wide which would be one inch wider than my 36" limbs Excal. The Tarantula seems to be wider further down than the Neet, not quite midway,but all I've seen is photos of them. I can't find any store in my area that carry them for me to examine. So I'm just checking with y'all out here in Huntingnet.com crossbow land to see if anyone has checked them out. I do own the one made for Excalibur's but it is way too thin to really protect the crossbow and downright awkward to put your crossbow in since it only zips from the widest opening. Both the Neet and Tarantula say they have full zippers to completely open the case and they are padded to protect the crossbow. I believe the Excal crossbow case is only to satisfy an ordinence in Canada about going into the field with your crossbow in a case. Thanks to anyone who can help.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Excalibur crossbow case

nope sorry,I have a soft case and really dont need a hardcase......
Old 12-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Spike

Thanks for the reply Ranger but both of these cases are soft cases. The Neet is all camo and the Tarantula is mostly brown with some camo spots mixed in. I know there isn't any hard cases out there yet so I'm just trying to find a soft padded case that will protect my Excalibur crossbow better than the thin one made for the Excals and these two are cordura fabric I believe.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

nope sorry,I have a soft case and really dont need a hardcase......
think he's talkin soft case. i just throw my Excals in the back of truck, or for long trips use a Mal-wart double gun case and take them down, no change in poi on reassembly.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:48 PM

Like Awshucks, I sometimes use a double gun case too when I'm going somewhere for a distance. But I agree with Mooncrickit in that it would be nice for some company to make a padded soft case just a little wider than normal to accomodate the Excals. Although the Excalsare very durable I would still like a case to protect them that doesn't take an act of Congress to get the crossbow into.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

See how much I know..I just thow a towel over mine when its in back of the Utv and as far a veh goes if its unstrung it dosnt need to be in a case........
come to think of it the soft case I got is sitting on the tool box.....its camo I think or maybe not[].....
Old 12-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

I have the soft padded case made by Excal. It is camo and provides the protection needed whenI hunt with someone and it has to go in the bed of the truck. I can't say that I find putting the xbow in the case awkward but some accessory pockets would be handy.

Bob
Old 08-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

mooncrickit, did you ever fine out if one these cases fit the Excals?
Old 08-04-2011, 02:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is the case that I use. Dont know if it's what you are talkin about or not. Works great, zips all the way around, has 2 pockets ( 1 for quiver and arrows, 1 for accessories).

Old 08-04-2011, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.crossbownation.com/forum2...bur-hard-case/

Quick Reply: Excalibur crossbow case

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.