Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Thanks to all

Old 12-14-2007, 01:35 PM
Spike

Default Thanks to all

I would like to take the time to thank all of those who help
people new to the crossbow thing. I had all but given up on deer hunting for years but have renewed my interest with a very successfull season this year. A special thanks to KVjohndeere for answering all my stupid questions.

Happy Holidays
Hamkiller
Old 12-15-2007, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thanks to all

Thats one of the nicest things about this crew....no such thing as a stupid question. We were all there once.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:44 AM

Amen to that Brother Cossack. When I was still in grade school back in my home State of Georgia I was one of those students who wouldn't ask questions and hoped someone else in the class would ask the question I wanted to know the answer to. Then one day when I was around eleven years old, I was eating a piece of Bazooka Joe bubble gum and reading the cartoon that was wrapped around it. For those of you who may remember this gum, at the very bottom of the cartoon was a proverb of some kind. On this day the proverb at the bottom had a very profound effect on my life and changed the way I thought about asking questions. The proverb said: "He who is afraid to ask, is afraid to learn". Since that day I carried that thought throughout my life and I'm now 55 years old. I guess that proverb is just as effective today as it was in my yesterday.

I echo hamkiller's thank you to everyone on this forum, too. Have a great holiday season.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

Cossack,

> no such thing as a stupid question

I have to disagree. The stupid questions are the one's we didn't ask before we did what we did. I wish I had this place and these guys before I bought my Stryker. I'm not exactly unhappy with this bow, but if I had been on this list and heard most of these subject before I bought, I'd probably have made a different decision. A more informed and educated decision. Like I said, I'm not exactly unhappy but I might have been more happy and better equipped with all the goodies for the same price.

This is the place and the people to thank and wish a happy holiday season. Hobey-ho.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:13 PM

Gimphunter. I almost bought a Stryker myself but had heard bad things about them on this forum. Still, I wanted to handle one myself and when I finally was able to I was glad I didn't buy one off the internet sight unseen. The weight of this thing would have been too much for me. I own an Exocet 200 @ 6.3 poundsand a Vixen 150 @ 6 poundsand couldn't be happier. Of course neither of mine is anywhere close in speed to your Stryker. Bowtech is a good company and I feel they will get the bugs out of them pretty soon. I hear their Desert Stryker weighs a lot less but I haven't handled one of those. Good luck to you with your Stryker.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gulp.....Yep nothing like the guys/galon here...I dont think I would of bought what I did if it was'nt for this forum......
Old 12-19-2007, 05:51 AM

No problem Hamkiller anytime your like a big brother to me ! as much as you carrried me on your back at work ! & training me when I was an apprentice ! The Honor is Mine ! By the way Yall ! We are on the good side of the force ! And Heck Hamkiller you even video taped My first wedding ! Happy Holidays & I am also Thanking all the Good guys & Gals on here thanks for Helping me ! with the Great replies on the does & donts ! In The world of XBOWS kvjohndeere happy Holidays & happy Heineken Woops I meant Honika !