Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Excalibur Vortex for brand new X bow hunter >

Excalibur Vortex for brand new X bow hunter

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Excalibur Vortex for brand new X bow hunter

Old 12-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Excalibur Vortex for brand new X bow hunter

I went to my local archery shop to shoot an Excalibur since I never shot a crossbow before. They didn't have the Vortex in stock so I shot the Exocet. It was a lot of fun and I'm already hooked. Unfortunately, my archery shop is $170 more than Bow Hunters Super Store on the Vortex with The Right Stuff Package/Lumizone upgrade.

Thanks again guys for all the information. If all goes well, I should have my new Vortex by the first week in January.

-MC2
Old 12-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Send it to me I will set it up for youafter all Iam getting layed off friday so I will have some extra time to shoot it..........But really you wont be sorry.....
Old 01-16-2008, 01:05 PM

Just received my new Vortex with the Right Stuff package (upgraded to the Lumizone). I watched the DVD and will be setting it up on Friday when I have have no distractions.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats.You'll love it......Now you need to get a string from Dnk......and save the factory string for back up.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

dont bust a gut stringing it for the 1st time it can be fustrating..........
Old 01-16-2008, 01:30 PM

Ranger,
Sorry, I'm a crossbow newbie so I need to ask. Do most archery stores, Cabelas or Gander MT carry the Dnk strings? What is the advantage of the Dnk string over the one that came with the bow?

Old 01-16-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can answer that one for ya! Don, aka Dnk, aka "Boo" makes them by hand vs machine made. His servings easily last twice as long as factory, they come pre-stretched which means you spend less time trying to maintain your brace height, and almost everybody that gets them raves about them. There is a marked difference in fps in factory strings depending on matl like dacron, Excel, or FF, his have some amazingly close fps to each type material, hard to explain, but in nut shell, they are good stuff!!
Old 01-16-2008, 02:05 PM

Thanks. I understand the difference now. I don't mind spending $ for quality. Where can I buy one???
Old 01-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

If you buy the Excal the the people in the bow shop will become strangers! If you want to cock any bow in a tree stand you needs cranking device. Excal makes a wonderful one called a crankeroo. Now it the extra couple of inches bother you then look to the Tenpoint. In my mind you consider the basic tools get the best there is. Tenpoint and Excal rule the Xbow world with some others not far behind. As far as warranty goes the best I have heard is Excal. They don't care who bought it or when it was bought. Generally if you screw up just confess. I won't guarrantee it but they most likely will warrant even dry-fired broken limbs. I have never heard a grumble over a broken Excal bow. I cannot speak for Tenpoint but knowing Randy, I cannot begin to imagine they are unfair.
Pick up all the bows and handle them. I own five Excals and soon it will be seven(or more if I can find a real Paradox) so I might be a bit biased.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Dnk

If you buy the Excal the the people in the bow shop will become strangers! If you want to cock any bow in a tree stand you needs cranking device. Excal makes a wonderful one called a crankeroo. Now it the extra couple of inches bother you then look to the Tenpoint. In my mind you consider the basic tools get the best there is. Tenpoint and Excal rule the Xbow world with some others not far behind. As far as warranty goes the best I have heard is Excal. They don't care who bought it or when it was bought. Generally if you screw up just confess. I won't guarrantee it but they most likely will warrant even dry-fired broken limbs. I have never heard a grumble over a broken Excal bow. I cannot speak for Tenpoint but knowing Randy, I cannot begin to imagine they are unfair.
Pick up all the bows and handle them. I own five Excals and soon it will be seven(or more if I can find a real Paradox) so I might be a bit biased.
Don, you must of had a stiff drink!! We are past the original post and your next potential customer, remi700 is talking about his new toy, the boy wants one of your strings!!

Quick Reply: Excalibur Vortex for brand new X bow hunter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.