Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Crossbow needed for WIA Marine Scout Sniper >

Crossbow needed for WIA Marine Scout Sniper

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crossbow needed for WIA Marine Scout Sniper

Old 11-13-2007, 09:21 PM

Default Crossbow needed for WIA Marine Scout Sniper

Hi Folks,

New to this forum and figured you folks might be the best to ask. I have an "adopted" Marine I have gotten very close too over the past two years. He was shot twice in the head by friendly fire and has suffered traumatic brain injury. That being said he has made tremendous progress and he and his father want to go hunting. It is legal in NY for him and we want to get him a crossbow either through a fundraiser, donation or just buy it. He really is a miracle Marine and was wounded on his second combat tour, first as a heavy machine gunner and the second time as a scout sniper. He is a lifelong hunter and we want to get him out here and a crossbow is the way to go! Are there any with triggers that are adjustable and if so how far can you get them down too?

Recommendations and or leads on possible contacts to request a discount etc for him will be greatly appreaciated.

Semper Fi and good luck hunting!d

Billy

Old 11-17-2007, 07:26 AM

Default RE: Crossbow needed for WIA Marine Scout Sniper

ORIGINAL: medbill

Hi Folks,

New to this forum and figured you folks might be the best to ask. I have an "adopted" Marine I have gotten very close too over the past two years. He was shot twice in the head by friendly fire and has suffered traumatic brain injury. That being said he has made tremendous progress and he and his father want to go hunting. It is legal in NY for him and we want to get him a crossbow either through a fundraiser, donation or just buy it. He really is a miracle Marine and was wounded on his second combat tour, first as a heavy machine gunner and the second time as a scout sniper. He is a lifelong hunter and we want to get him out here and a crossbow is the way to go! Are there any with triggers that are adjustable and if so how far can you get them down too?

Recommendations and or leads on possible contacts to request a discount etc for him will be greatly appreaciated.

Semper Fi and good luck hunting!d

Billy
Hi I am A former Marine I was in for 8 years Served during Desert storm ! I didnt make it over there But I feel For my fellow Marine! Parker Crossbows Have about 4LBs of Trigger pull & im sure The manufacturers Do to ! I would love to donate some money for the cause ! Or help out in any way You PM Me Or just reply ! Thank god For Marines God Country Corps. in that order ! Semper Fi From kvusmc otherwise known on this forum kvjohndeere! My prayers are with him !
Old 11-17-2007, 07:16 PM

Thank you for your service and your support. Please visit www.helpeddieryan.com and my website www.redwhiteandblueoutdoors.com

I spoke with NYS DEC and they said its a no go until laws get changed. Will be working on that as soon as I can. Our wounded vets earned the right to hunt with whatever the hell they have too!

Rant over.

Semper Fi,

Billy
Old 11-22-2007, 05:52 AM

i also would like to be notified if there is a fund started for this and you could definately count me in. i'm an army vet not marines but i have always admired and respected the marine corp for all the obvious reasons.