Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

B'Heads!

Old 10-27-2007, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default B'Heads!

I ventured over to the other Bowhunters gear review and there were lots of complaints. Now i ain't rich but i figure that i can afford to harvest a deer per B'Head and not cry because that B'Head is no longer usable due to a bent or broken blade or ferrule. Heck folks whats the real deal with those guys! []They just need to use our Bows to know how good a B'Head will hold up!
Old 10-27-2007, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: B'Heads!

I have always thought that was odd too. I just assume the boradhead and arrow is gonna get wrecked after shooting a deer. If it doesn't then cool. collateral damage.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

I guess I'm a little different than you guys because I don't like destroying a bolt or a b'head on one deer.
I had one bolt/b'head combo that I made 14 kills with, 12 deer, 1 turkey and a fox. Got a couple in my quiver now with multiple kills.

xbowbarry
Old 10-27-2007, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

MORE than happy to sacrifice a broadhead and arrow for a deer. I waste a few on the block before the season and considering all the crap I end up buying no big deal.
I also shoot mechs that really just don't have much interest in having their blades changed. I would expect that barry shoots a pretty solid fixed head blade and takes the time to tune and sharpen them but I can't be bothered.
I hope to waste a few new broadheads this season.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have no problem with sacrificing a broadhead on a deer. I sacrificed a brand new spitfire and a rage tonight on a doe. The price tag is hard 2 bite but its worth it!
Old 10-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have a problem with BH per deer either. But my Slick Trick and carbon bolt is working on no 3.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deerslayer223

i have no problem with sacrificing a broadhead on a deer. I sacrificed a brand new spitfire and a rage tonight on a doe. The price tag is hard 2 bite but its worth it!
Yea.. the Spitfires are a little salty. But so is the blood trail they produce!

chris
Old 10-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Mike, if you destroy or damage a Magnus Stinger they will replace it, no questions asked. Smack a rock, whatever, its you're oyster when you buy them.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:10 PM

That was one of the things that I liked about the G5 Tekan II's. Easy to resharpen and I could reuse them, was wanting to do the how many deer with one arrow trick. With all that said the one I took the button buck with is still on the shelf and I have a new one in my quiver. I do not consider buying a pack of heads every season a problem, but I have never used more than a pack in one season so it is no biggie for me. Maybe in some areas where guys a whacking alot I might want to do it more, but do big push for me right now.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Iam a one arrow one BH type of guy even tho i know i could reuse them....

Quick Reply: B'Heads!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.