Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Skull with 10pts found last fall >

Skull with 10pts found last fall

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Skull with 10pts found last fall

Old 10-22-2007, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Skull with 10pts found last fall

I was over at a buddies and he gave me a skull with 10pointswe found when we where rabbit hunting last fall. We believe this one got hit by a train. His skeleton was found under a tree along the rr tracks. We see ALOT ofRR kill out there. Always several dead deer in this erea. There is a MAJOR deer crossing along that erea of tracks. I'm thinking about going out there some night and just sitting in the weeds. There's also some nice ravines to hide in....

chris

Old 10-22-2007, 08:48 AM

Default RE: Skull with 10pts found last fall

The one spot I hunt has a nice RR crossing on it with a high bank of rocks. The rocks make a lot of noise so you can hear the deer pretty good when they use that trail. Its a shame that deer had to go to waste, but at least you have the rack!
Old 10-22-2007, 08:04 PM

This reminds me of a story I read sometime ago. There was a picture of a deer up on a light pole all the way on tgop right next to the train tracks. The article said it had been hit by a train.......
Old 10-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: scpatterson

This reminds me of a story I read sometime ago. There was a picture of a deer up on a light pole all the way on tgop right next to the train tracks. The article said it had been hit by a train.......
I think I remeber that... At least hearing about it. They had an 8 point buck go into a store in downtown Fort Wayne, Indiana about 25 miles south of where I live!! I guess it scare the crap outta people. It just walked right in! Here is a link to the article...

http://www.wane.com/Global/story.asp?S=7210247

chris

chris
Old 10-23-2007, 08:44 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

its always amazed me howthings likethat happen, and how often, you could be the stupidest animal on the face of the planet but I would think that youd still have to have enough common sense to get out of the way of the hell that is a train barreling down on you...
Old 10-24-2007, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KLS

its always amazed me howthings likethat happen, and how often, you could be the stupidest animal on the face of the planet but I would think that youd still have to have enough common sense to get out of the way of the hell that is a train barreling down on you...
yea I know what you mean. I think most were getting hit at night. "Caught-in-the-headlight" type thing. Or just don't know what it is. My sister pulled in her driveway last night and said there was a HUGE buck with several does with him in her front yard. I did have a blind out there at the back of their7 acre wooded lot. but moved to a totally different part of the county. Since rut is starting now, and I've already gota doe, I may have to set up out there again. It's way out in the country, but there are neighbors on both sides. I think the deer around here are more nocturnal for some reason. I mean, I don't think they come out till AFTER dark. Thats when we see most. All year long. Especially on a moon lit night. You can see 'em all over the fields... always after legal hunting hours!!!

chris