Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Range Finders, Who has them and what do you like? >

Range Finders, Who has them and what do you like?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Range Finders, Who has them and what do you like?

Old 10-15-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Range Finders, Who has them and what do you like?

Recently picked up some cabelas cards from work for a project I helped with and I have a Range finder in mind. What do you guys have and like? I have been looking at the Bushnell yardage pro, its the one that fits in the palm of your hand real nice. But am totally green to these. Any feedback and help will be more then welcome. Now that I can hit great out to fifty I need it for the coons and tree rats. I always kept deer close so I never invested in it, but now I need one for ML hunting and the little critters.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:35 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

Default RE: Range Finders, Who has them and what do you like?

I was just checkingone out myself, the yardage pro sport 450 acutally, redhead has them for $150 in their catalog so I'm sure they can be found cheaper online...

I have very limited dealings with rangefinders myself and have no idea whats good, bad, or otherwise so I'd be interested in any infotoo
Old 10-15-2007, 09:40 PM

I have a Bushnell 450 and a Nikon 440. I found the Nikon a little more accuate and compact and has 8X to the Bushnell's 4X.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Digger886

I have a Bushnell 450 and a Nikon 440. I found the Nikon a little more accuate and compact and has 8X to the Bushnell's 4X.
Its good to hear someone I know say that. I did a search on them and a few of the guys have said the same exact thing you did. Keep the info coming guys, looks like me and KLS needs it.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:17 AM

I have a Nikon 440 also. It has worked flawlessly since I have gotten it. It can also range through shoot through mesh. I've read that some of the Bushnell's have problems ranging through the mesh.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also have the Bushnell Yardage Pro Sport450. It cost $148.98 with free ground shipping from Binoculars.com. It works great for what I need. Has the built in autorain / brush filters. Has a little trouble shooting through weeds, but that's probably to be expected. I've never owned one before this one. So there's nothing for me too compare it to. Here is the link if anyone is interested in checking it out. I just couldn't see spending $250-$300+ for one. I'm glad I bought the cheaper one now. The more expensive ones may be a little better, but this one does the job I need it to do. I also left a product review at the website.

http://www.binoculars.com/rangefinders/laser-rangefinders/bushnellyardageprosport450.cfm

chris
Old 10-16-2007, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

Hotburn, I have had the Nikon 440 for my second year now and still haven't had to change the battery. It works flawlessly and is very accurate. For deer hunting around here with bow or gun, it's all I need and it's worth the money. I recommend it strongly.
BBO
Old 10-16-2007, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the yardage pro and like it alot....
Old 10-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the cheapest one Bushnell sells, view them as a neccessary evil, lol, and am happy w/ mine, but have not checked out the competition. I doubt it will work thru mesh, often doesn't want to work thru windshield, and can be fussy if something else is close to what you are trying to range. It does tell you when battery is low as I found out on my last trip, but had a spare. Got alot of shots out of the first battery that was in it. When I was testing the rf mount on Emax, Ishot over 1200 shots w/ one mounted w/ no rubber shock absorber like the Excal version has.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:46 PM

Thanks guys for the feedback. I have read a few other reviews that favor the Nikon 440 also. Was just at Wal-mart and a bowhunting magazine had the Nikon as a good pic too. Some guys like you Dan have said the same thing about it being picky on things that are to close to what you want. I have always wanted one for ML season and now for the tree rats. Almost had a tree rat hunt on tape today, but it was well past 20 yards, maybe 35 or so and I did not feel like looking for a arrow on a good chance of a miss, but a range finder would have been great today.

Quick Reply: Range Finders, Who has them and what do you like?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.