Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 The New TruGlo Illuminated Scope >

The New TruGlo Illuminated Scope

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

The New TruGlo Illuminated Scope

Old 10-15-2007, 05:30 AM

Default RE: The New TruGlo Illuminated Scope

Thanks smokepolehall That is really good Advice I will Go with the Excal or the Horton Brand Scope Thanks For The Advice ! That Ol Simmons Aint Much of a scope ! Does Burris Leupold Or Any Compasnies make agood Quality scope ! Let me know Thanks
Old 10-15-2007, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are dz. companys that make great scopes just not CB type. I usea rifle scope and haven't found any others that were good enough to make me switch!I use a 1.5x6x 42mm Bushnell Elite!German reticle #3.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:10 AM

I will Have To Check it out Thanks smokepolehall
Old 10-15-2007, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

KV,

Here is a review comparing theTruGlo andLumizone illuminated reticle scopes for crossbows:

http://www.crossbow-review.com/ReviewPages/LumiZone%20VS%20Truglo_page1.htm

It makes for great reading.

HH
Old 10-15-2007, 07:02 AM

Thanks For The The Info I may Go with The Ten Point Scope Im Still looking !
Old 10-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I read the review and don't agree. The L-Zone can be had for $119 and has an unconditional life time warranty, simple phone call to Danny and you're back in business.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:15 PM

ORIGINAL: awshucks

I read the review and don't agree. The L-Zone can be had for $119 and has an unconditional life time warranty, simple phone call to Danny and you're back in business.
I bought A Bushnell Elite 1.5x4.5 32mm with firefly Recticle Full unconditional Warranty Smokepolehall recommended it is awesome
Old 10-18-2007, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I swapped scopes yesterday. Took the Elite off of Miss Phoenix and put it on Miss Vixen. Have it sighted in at 20 yds. Started shooting and using bottom post with power ring at 6x, at 30yds. arrow was 7" low. Set on 3x it hit 2" low at 30 yds. Set at 2x its 1 1/2" low and at 1.5x it hits dead on at 30 yds.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

I swapped scopes yesterday. Took the Elite off of Miss Phoenix and put it on Miss Vixen. Have it sighted in at 20 yds. Started shooting and using bottom post with power ring at 6x, at 30yds. arrow was 7" low. Set on 3x it hit 2" low at 30 yds. Set at 2x its 1 1/2" low and at 1.5x it hits dead on at 30 yds.
sounds good I just purchased A Bushnell scout 1000 with ARC to help me shoot from my elevated tower blind stand ! I missed A GreyFox tonight at 18 yards I shot underneath of him ! I hope Athe Arc Helps me out Im used to shooting from a ground Blind ! I got to get my My act together ! You Figure A Marine Sharpshhooter Would be able to shoot better I got A string of Bad luck this year ! I boresighted My Bow in Wednesday I shot dead on at 20 yards first shot at 4.5 power I could nt tell any differences at other power levels ! Any suggestions of shooting elkevated ! Thanks smokepolehall
Old 10-18-2007, 10:07 PM

ORIGINAL: kvjohndeere

I missed A GreyFox tonight at 18 yards I shot underneath of him ! I hope Athe Arc Helps me out Im used to shooting from a ground Blind ! I got to get my My act together ! You Figure A Marine Sharpshhooter Would be able to shoot better I got A string of Bad luck this year ! I boresighted My Bow in Wednesday I shot dead on at 20 yards first shot at 4.5 power I could nt tell any differences at other power levels ! Any suggestions of shooting elkevated ! Thanks smokepolehall
kvjohndeere,
Aim exactly where you would if you were on level ground. The elevation will make very little difference in POI (Point Of Impact).

You hear about this mostly when shooting a compound bow because the downward angle can mess up your shooting form and cause the shot to be way off. That’s why when shooting a compound bow it is very important to bend at the waist. This does not apply to shooting a crossbow.

If you can, take some practice shots from an elevated platform and see.

Also, if you are shooting fixed blade broadheads, they can (and likely do) shoot different than field points. The very first set of broadheads I ever shot out of my crossbow hit in front of the target at 20 yards. It was a major wakeup for me.

Quick Reply: The New TruGlo Illuminated Scope

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.