Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Phoenix arived today. >

Phoenix arived today.

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Phoenix arived today.

Old 10-05-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Phoenix arived today.

I have a question for other Phoenix users. What's the possibility, of the string being too small, lengthwise. The reason I ask is, the stringer had to be adjusted five times and the string is still not on. The fifth times the limb holder just barely able to get them on the limbs, but now I cant cock it to get the string on. watching the man on the DVD do it, he had plenty of loose cocking string to work with and plenty of string to work with. Not here. I just made the cocking string about an inch shorter than where it was before. And the string was still a quarter inch too short. I might be able to cock it with the cocking rope. But once I do that, it's gonna be a real booger bear to get uncocked if I have to use the cocking rope for that too. But, like I said, judging from the assembly portion of the dvd, it just looks to me like my string is a good three inches too short.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Phoenix arived today.

You will figure it out.....Weve all been there...well some of use have, just about busted a gut trying to stingmine for the 1st time...shorten the stringer and you will get it....thought I had the wrong string too untill the guys helped me out...Youll get it....after you get it on let it sit for awhile(over night)and the string will stretch out then its easy.....
Old 10-05-2007, 06:02 PM

So, it's a good idea to leave it cocked for a day or too. Good deal. Makes sense.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

No...just string it,dont leave it cocked.....
Old 10-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Yup, I second what James said. Start shooting tomorrow. That Dacron string stretches and stretches and stretches and stretches and streches and then stretches very slowly. LOL! Contratulations on your new aquisition!
Old 10-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK ok stand back let me through!Take yer stringer and get it several inches shorter than yer string. Put it over each limb you can work it up the limb several inches, lets you get both ends on. Now take that plastic sleeve and let it slide to one side or the other. Hook yer rope cocker to yer stringer as you have foot in stirrup, not on anything slippery mind you. Pull rope cocker back until it locks and put safety on. Now you can put string on and uncock it by using rope cocker. String will stretch couple inches fairly quick. Takes longer to tell how to do it than to do it!
Old 10-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

[][X(][>:][:@].
Old 10-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Mike, you're fuggin nuts! LOL!
Firstimer, don't pay him no mind, he gets that way sometimes. If you see his pictures you'll understand!
Old 10-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

He might be nuts, but his tip ain't. Use the rope cocker w/ stringing aid, slide pos plastic out of the way and life will get better, lol. I set all my FFF's about 3/8" above high mark and shoot them the next day. Saves at least one bh adjustment. Boo's strings, set at high mark, he's done some home work for ya!! Excal doesn't explain this, but due to the different length power strokes on all their bows, the stringing aid needs to be adj to your bow, just take slack out of it til it works. I can't use the same saetting length wise on str aid on both Phoenix and Emax, need to adj for each, no biggie. And, like has been said, don't get all wound up if new string is above high mark on rail, it will stretch in, sooner or later, lol, welcome to Excals!!!
Old 10-05-2007, 10:37 PM

I think the "virgin" strings are made a little short since they will stretch in a bunch right away. I too had to adjust stringing aid several times and then was able to get on, but above top mark, can't remember if I shot it first night, but next day it was below mark and the twisting game began! You will be ok, it a learning curve but it is easy after the first couple of times.

Quick Reply: Phoenix arived today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.