Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Is everyone a trophy hunter?? >

Is everyone a trophy hunter??

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Is everyone a trophy hunter??

Old 09-29-2007, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Is everyone a trophy hunter??

It seems as I cruise the forums everyone is a trophy hunter only. Hardly anyone will admit to shooting a fork or anything less than a 3.5 year old. I wish I could be that selective but I don't have the luxury. I just plain don't have that many deer around and sure don't see them everytime out in the stands with or without horn.
Other than buttons everything I see is at risk.I guess if I am lucky enough to score this year it had better be big enough to post or I will just keep my dirty little secret and hang my head in shame..
Old 09-29-2007, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Is everyone a trophy hunter??

I would love to see any deer pics. I like to wait for a big one. I'm not always successful though. I pass up dozens of deer every season including nice 8 points. I guess thats why hunting is so enjoyable. You make up your own rules and do what makes you happy.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Any deer is a trophy,a wall hanger will come by one day,enjoy what is
there for you!
Old 09-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Fork Horn

another thing is where I'm at in PA a buck has to have 3 points on one side to be legal.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

if there's a nice buck in my area then sometimes i really hunt him. with 2 weeks to go in the season it's brown and down. some years i take the first legal buck that comes in. there's nothing to be ashamed of to take a lesser buck. any deer taken with a bow and arrow is a trophy.[8D]
Old 09-29-2007, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am a meat hunter, so first come first served![8D]
Old 09-30-2007, 04:56 AM

You can believe this or not. I really dont think about the big bucks much. I think it has always been more about the hunt for me. Being outside and having something to do. Now dont get me wrong, if I kill a big buck you will all hear about it with me jumping up and down and yelling but I will also post pictures of all my kills be wall hangers or not...
Old 09-30-2007, 05:50 AM
Typical Buck

This will be my first year deer hunting, I am prepared to shoot any deer that comes by. I will get more selective once I gain some experience.
Hopefully this time tomorrow my son and I are dragging out our first animal.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:12 AM

Good luck to all.....every hunt is a trophy.
BOB
Old 09-30-2007, 07:08 AM

I do not consider myself a Trophy hunter at all. I have noticed a few things and am trying a few things also. Like I have a nice eight already. Could be my ego, but I would like to have a real nice buck on the wall. At least one that is ten points and 150+ inches. Another reason I started passing up bucks last year besides size is taste. I can tell a real difference in buck meat compared to nice young, smalltender doe meat, so unless it is a nice buck, my meat is going to be young doe, if it is late in season any size will do if I have nothing, my stove does not complain. I also in the last couple of years have got my dad back into hunting and my nephew. Both times I passed up the nice little eights I was thinking of my dad and nephew getting a crack at it. Last year I passed up doe's on the first few weeks of season, hoping to see a nice buck and trying to keep my presence to minimum. Last year I ended up with no deer at all. So with all that said the first thing that walks by me with out a rack is taking a dirt nap, if it has milk on its breath sorry about its luck! Ohio is only allowed one buck, so I would like to hold out for a nice one since I really don't care to eat them.

Quick Reply: Is everyone a trophy hunter??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.