Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 3D Shoot Herb Parsons today >

3D Shoot Herb Parsons today

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

3D Shoot Herb Parsons today

Old 09-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Spike

Default 3D Shoot Herb Parsons today

Just wanted to say I had a blast today at my first 3D shoot ever...
Had good company.....Smokepolehall....Awshucks and his buddy Jim..
Got some good pointers from Smoke and Awshucks...Thanks Guys...

I'm not gonna say who out shot who...I am sure they will chime in soon
Trying to judge Distance if definitely a learned art....Both Smoke and Awshucks did drop a few hints here and there...I would not have done near as good without their help..
I scored a 266....results will be out in a couple of days....

Old 09-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 3D Shoot Herb Parsons today

Yup we had a great time today. Some very good shooting was going down. Yes it was Miss Vixen's first 3-D and she shined folks! She shucked the corn down to the cob and showed the calf how to eat the cabbage!This old girl showed them all how to Dance!
Old 09-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

the winners laugh and shout
will tell ya how they feel
the losers pizz and moan alot
and yell "shut up and deal"

I'm a loser!! Smoke shot a 266 or 267, Gish whacked a 265 and moi, a lowly 262! Now, i'm NOT making any exuses, lol, but I got up at 2:30 am, punched the coffee on button, picked my buddy up at 3:30 am, got more coffee, drove 340 miles, lots of coffee, lol, hooked up w/ Smoke at 8 am,don't bother w/ math, I was hauling butt, got some more coffee, and did my best, got some more coffee, lol, and lost! Some days you eat the bear, some days...... Twas truely a pleasure to meet Gish and again Smoke, great course, great day. I'm not totally sure on over all xbow results, but believe we took 1st, 2nd, 3rd [me] in xbow. I'll be back!!
Old 09-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

awshucks can wing'em give him credit twas a long drive over to the shoot. Scores best i recollect were awshucks 262 and unless the last CB shooter was very good he should have 3rd. John shot a 265 hopefully fer second and if it holds up Miss Vixen shot a 266 with 8x's! smoked ya!
Old 09-16-2007, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

1st, 2nd and 3rd. I would not have expected anything less of you guys.
Way to go and let see some shooting like that happen on a deer or two.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I hadn't missed the whole works on that sob at 47 yds......................
lolololol!
Old 09-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like ya all had a fun time..Wish they would let CB's in at the 3-D shoots around here [:@].
Old 09-17-2007, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK ok, if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its a$$ when it jumped! Also if a pig had wings it could fly![] So with all due respect fer my fine friends whom had every intention of beating Miss Vixen and myself. I shall gather up some coins to put a Lumizone on Miss Vixen. That way she will have the same preset yardage already sighted in![:-]I gave y'all every chance i even shot a couple of 5's so y'all could stay in the hunt!Miss Vixen was not so inclined too give y'all that break of 10 pts. That was all my kindness.[]She was all for rubbing yer noses in it!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

OK ok, if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its a$$ when it jumped! Also if a pig had wings it could fly![] So with all due respect fer my fine friends whom had every intention of beating Miss Vixen and myself. I shall gather up some coins to put a Lumizone on Miss Vixen. That way she will have the same preset yardage already sighted in![:-]I gave y'all every chance i even shot a couple of 5's so y'all could stay in the hunt!Miss Vixen was not so inclined too give y'all that break of 10 pts. That was all my kindness.[]She was all for rubbing yer noses in it!
lol. Ok, I'm tellin!! Here's how these shoots work. The targets have a circle [sometimes more than one] about the size of a poker chip. Usually scored a 12, but as the case at this shoot, they were 10X's. Next is a circle about the size of a big coffee mug, which is a 10. Then an oval outline of vitals is an 8. A hit anywhere elsae on animal is a 5.

It often comes down to one shot, just like in hunting. My one shot was when I missed the whole target, lol, a 5 there added to my 262 would have came in a point ahead of Smoke. John coulda shot one more 10 than an 8 and I think tied Smoke. Smoke coulda had one less 10.......You see my point? Good, cause I was just a few points short, lol. We had a riot and I'm looking forward to the next one, maybe a little closer. The only 3-D around me is still a 3 hr drive one way. Smoke is hard to beat. He only had a week to fool w/ that Vixen and get familiar w/ the drop at various ranges. Good shooting, guys!!
Old 09-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

sounds like a good time.

Quick Reply: 3D Shoot Herb Parsons today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.