Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 That is a long way... >

That is a long way...

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

That is a long way...

Old 09-12-2007, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default That is a long way...

distances shot The furthest distance shot with any bow is 2,047 yards (1,871.84m) . This was shot by the late Harry Drake in 1988 using a crossbow. The furthest with a hand-held - and pulled - bow is 1,336 yds 1' 3" (1,222.01m) , shot by Don Brown with an unlimited conventional Flight bow in 1987. My 40kg Compound World Record of 1,162 yards was made shooting a 30 kg bow -- I can't pull 40 kg!

I'm guessing he did not hit the target...
Old 09-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: That is a long way...

that's a fer piece.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't believe you guys are not impressed with those distances. The Xbow is well over a mile and the hand held and drawn is close to a mile. I guess my arrows should have one of those warning like a box of .22 that warn of them being dangerous at up to a mile.
I understand the foot bow record is much further but can't find the info. In fact I don't even know what the heck a foot bow is..
I wonder what kind of group Dan can shoot at a mile even with his beloved Slicks.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check Archery mag about 1970,there was an article on Drake shooting a foot bow and was quite interesting,you should be able to go into their
archives,hope it helps.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Roger, that is a long way, would never have come close guessing. I doubt that my Slicks would perform at that range, lol. Actually, they are not "my" Slicks. Danny Miller told me "the greatest b-head in the world is made in Ar". Naturally, you know what my first question was. Danny is one of the few people I've come across in my life that I can believe or follow his advice blindly. You would have to actually know me better than puters allow to know how much faith I have in this guy. I'm not easily impressed, lol. "Best"??? Dunno. Good enough??? Yeppir!!