Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 awshucks Famous Slick Tricks! >

awshucks Famous Slick Tricks!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

awshucks Famous Slick Tricks!

Old 09-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default awshucks Famous Slick Tricks!

I have 3 of the 100gr. slicks of which i have shot 12 times at 20 yds. off the bench with sandbags!1 arrow was hitting 2" to the right and abit low. 2 others were hitting almost 5" to the right and abit low. Now the Vixen is sighted in at 20 yds. on the bench and sandbagged. It consistantly hits a 3/4" dot on target with 100gr. field tips. My nephew witnessed this and John Gish watched me shoot once with slick off bench after i had moved scope to the right. Now its hitting 1 1/2" to the right. They are tuned, no wobble period! So if you think 5" at 20 yds. is as a field pt. go fer it. I will setup and shoot again tomorrow. Will shoot at least 18 times and give my final review!
Old 09-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: awshucks Famous Slick Tricks!

It's the bow. It's no good, lemme buy it back.Just kidding, but if that bow doesn't shoot slicks spot on w/ right arrow, I'm Harry Houdini!!
Old 09-10-2007, 09:27 PM

You shooting them slicks on a set of old bent aluminum arrows Mike? Get the miller killers and see what happens.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:39 PM
Typical Buck

smoke, the slicks fly great for me with the 2219's and 5 inch fletch. not quite as good with the 2117's. some guys will say nay.....but i have the best luck with 2blades vertical and 2 blades horizontal. i don't believe they fly as well if the blades aren't lined up. may be my imagination but......my experiments show otherwise. they're the best flying fixed blades i've seen yet. if i were to change i think i'd give the muzzy mx4's a shot. i like the short profile bheads for xbows.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gee Houdini and yer hairy!Well i am not having that happen! Now i am still testing![:'(]Those results were with 2213"s 22" long. I will try them again today if the rain stops. I will then try them with 2216"s and see if they are better. Maybe the spine isn't good with them and 2213"s. I will still post review on them good or bad. If the 2213"s are the weak link then the 2216's should hold up. If they don't i have some logs 2219's that will! You can't claim that because i am using alum. arrow its unfair! Thats like saying only carbons have the best accuracy not so! I am using XX75's so runout is less than most of those carbons y'all shoot.[]
Old 09-11-2007, 04:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am using 2" Blaser's, so tests are done with them. I don't have the resources to test with all vane and feather sizes and brands.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:42 AM
Typical Buck

Smoke, I find the Blazers to work the best with them anyways. Keep us posted on what you find..

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

I am using 2" Blaser's, so tests are done with them. I don't have the resources to test with all vane and feather sizes and brands.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike, what's the foc on the arrows that aren't grouping w/ the slicks? That may be part of the problem. Figure 5% per inch past center to balance point, nothing fancy, lol. just curious.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK shot 2213's again same results![&o]They are under spined at 22" with a 150 lb. CB. Went to 22" 2216's and they shot within 2 1/2" at 20 yds. acceptable out to 25 yds. Then you best sight them in. If you shoot higher poundage CB's go to 20" arrows at 2216's or good carbons. Testing was done using Miss Vixen![8D]
Old 09-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

i just did'nt have much luck with the blazer vanes.

Quick Reply: awshucks Famous Slick Tricks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.