Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Old Proline Crossbow >

Old Proline Crossbow

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Old Proline Crossbow

Old 09-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Spike

Default Old Proline Crossbow

Just started into crossbowing ; acquired an old proline 150# ,15" power stroke with built in crank cocker. Need info on how to string cocker , what lenght bolts etc. can anybody help..Thank 64 and still learnin
Old 09-06-2007, 02:10 PM

Default RE: Old Proline Crossbow

Welcome to the forum. Great group of guys in here and lots to learn. What state are you from? Been some guys joining from IL new CB season, just curious. About your CB I am unable to help, mainly wanted to give you a welcome. Don't mean to discourage you, but not sure I have ever even heard of your CB being mentioned in here. Maybe some of the other guys will recognize it. Was Proline its only name or was it a PSE or Bear series of bow?
Old 09-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Spike

As far as I know Proline was acquired by Darton and now produces a very similar CB under the name of Great Lakes. The cannot supply any info. 64
Old 09-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

64 years old (me too), I can't help you with your bow but WELCOME to the forum.

Martin
Old 09-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

PM this person, I think he knows about them. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/show...px?memID=93526
Old 09-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Spike

Thank you...NRA Life also....64
Old 09-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

64yearsold welcome and i do remember Prolines and their CB. Yes they were bought out by Darton and Darton got whatever patents and dumped the little company a few years after that. I had a Point Blank one of the best hunting Bows around! Yer Bow hasn't been made in 20 years, unless you find one fer parts to help you out. Can't remember much about built in cocker. If you look good at it , see if the cords or strings hooks can be used off another brand and adapted. Shouldn't be real hard.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Spike

Thank you...this one may be newer..its in realtree camo and bear a striking resembelence to the first addition Darton "great lakes" CB. Bullpup stock w/ 1911 shaped grip and ribs on only one side of grip, the cocking arrangement also uses similar bracketry. Anyone out there with a Great Lakes? 64
TCR ,Contender , Encore , TC Hawkens , White Mt. carbine.....
Old 09-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Spike

Still need help...anybody out there with info on proline crossbow....64
Old 09-10-2007, 06:56 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

I cant help you out with any info but I've shot Darton bows for years and I'm a big fan of Darton

when I was looking to buy a crossbow Darton was right at the top of the list of brands I was looking at, one of the local shops here has a line of them and although Ididntshootany I did handle all of them, they were nice crossbows and seemed like a pretty high quality setup, I just couldnt justify the $700 plus price tag they wanted just for the bare bow

Quick Reply: Old Proline Crossbow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.