Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 What is The Best Broadhead 125 grain to shootin my Parker Safari Magnum 150LB >

What is The Best Broadhead 125 grain to shootin my Parker Safari Magnum 150LB

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

What is The Best Broadhead 125 grain to shootin my Parker Safari Magnum 150LB

Old 08-30-2007, 06:59 AM

Default What is The Best Broadhead 125 grain to shootin my Parker Safari Magnum 150LB

I need Some Help here I like Mechanical Broadheads But also like to shoot Fixed Blades What Is The Best & will fly like A field Point ! Im open for suggestions ! I was shooting Muzzy 125 3 blades but they shoot to sporadic ! I also shoot Wasp 125 Jack Hammer SST's & Aftershock Xbow xpr's Any help will be great Thanks !
Old 08-30-2007, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What is The Best Broadhead 125 grain to shootin my Parker Safari Magnum 150LB

The best broadhead is the bloody one on the other side of your target!

A lot of people have good luck with the Slick Tricks, I am one of them.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:33 AM

Default RE: What is The Best Broadhead 125 grain to shootin my Parker Safari Magnum 150LB

ORIGINAL: Pydpiper

The best broadhead is the bloody one on the other side of your target!

A lot of people have good luck with the Slick Tricks, I am one of them.
Thanks Pydpiper I heard They were Good I just got off the Phone With the Owner ! Thanks For the info do they fly like a field point ????
Old 08-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

"Do they fly like a field point"

Yes and no. They do if you get all the wobble or run-out you can out of them, and act a little squirrely if you don't. When I first tried mine I was amazed, then launched a bench rested test shot into the ozone off aside of target at 30. Got to doing some serious wondering/checking and found a few I had put together were wobbling pretty bad. Couple of lessons learned here for me, thankfully before I boogered any deer up. There's a little washer goes on last in assembly that you merely loosen head and spin the washer, then retighten TIGHT and usually w/ a little effort and alot of patience the FEW problem ones line up perfect. Don't ask if it's the head or the arrow insert cause I have no idea. Here's a deal I made out of an arrow straightener to check them, apologies to the old guys for reposting this pic, but we got so many new people here it keeps coming up. You don't need to go to this extreme but if ya got one of these it's simple to reconfigure it like this:

Old 08-30-2007, 08:40 AM

ORIGINAL: awshucks

"Do they fly like a field point"

Yes and no. They do if you get all the wobble or run-out you can out of them, and act a little squirrely if you don't. When I first tried mine I was amazed, then launched a bench rested test shot into the ozone off aside of target at 30. Got to doing some serious wondering/checking and found a few I had put together were wobbling pretty bad. Couple of lessons learned here for me, thankfully before I boogered any deer up. There's a little washer goes on last in assembly that you merely loosen head and spin the washer, then retighten TIGHT and usually w/ a little effort and alot of patience the FEW problem ones line up perfect. Don't ask if it's the head or the arrow insert cause I have no idea. Here's a deal I made out of an arrow straightener to check them, apologies to the old guys for reposting this pic, but we got so many new people here it keeps coming up. You don't need to go to this extreme but if ya got one of these it's simple to reconfigure it like this:

I appreciate The Input Awshucks The man At Slick Trick said The same thing you did So I bought An Apple Arrow Turner & A Broad Head Wrench ! Thanks For The Advice very Helpful !
Old 08-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

His name is Gary and his factory is in Arkansas!! lol.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:33 PM

my wife and myself both shoot NAP mechanical spitfire pro's.they shoot like my field points and have taken many deer ; hogs and several turkeys.
we shoot the S/F pro's. in 100 gr. want shoot anything else.
JMHO.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:00 PM

I used Muzzys for a long time and never had any problems until I went with a faster CB. I started shooting the Tekan II's last year and they flew great out of my Horton. I have yet to use them with the Vortex, but will soon. I also used a ASD from G5 so not sure how much it helped them fly. I was to picky last year so I did not get to draw blood with it so no real feed back on it. Here is a pic...

Old 08-30-2007, 10:28 PM

ORIGINAL: awshucks

His name is Gary and his factory is in Arkansas!! lol.
Yeap That was the man I talked to Thanks For the the Help !awshucks
Old 08-30-2007, 10:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Tree climber

my wife and myself both shoot NAP mechanical spitfire pro's.they shoot like my field points and have taken many deer ; hogs and several turkeys.
we shoot the S/F pro's. in 100 gr. want shoot anything else.
JMHO.
I heard those were great Broadheads The spitfires are hard to beat ! I shoot Wasp Jack Hammer SST's & the Aftershock Xbows I like every bodies input ! It gives me all kinds of I deas Thanks !

Quick Reply: What is The Best Broadhead 125 grain to shootin my Parker Safari Magnum 150LB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.