Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Barnett's new crossbow >

Barnett's new crossbow

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Barnett's new crossbow

Old 08-18-2007, 11:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Barnett's new crossbow

I've been seeing the commercial's for the new barnett's that have the quick detatch thingy on the limbs. I dont like the looks of it. Taking off the limbs has to change your POI somewhat, and also. what if that jig doesnt hold back your limbs? I just have this immage of someone shooting at a deer, the arrow being quickly followed by the whole entire front of the bow!

anyone else think this isnt the best lookin rig out there?
Old 08-19-2007, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Barnett's new crossbow

I read a lot of bad things about barnetts when I was looking for a crossbow so I didn't even check them out.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:02 AM

my honest opinion from my experience is the barnetts are fine if you plan on dialing them in and ONLY hunting with them.the cables wear extremly quick and the quality of them is very poor.i had the wildcat c5 06 model and the cables would look like crap after about 5-10.i waxed the wizz out of them aftre evry 5 shots,nothing seemed to help.it was fast and accurate but did not fit my style because i like to shoot alot and i saw i wasnt gonna get lots of use out of the barnett so i traded it for a legend.i couldnt tell you how many shots ive took with it and still going strong and looking great

Old 08-19-2007, 08:48 AM

I dont think i would like the detachable end.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:39 AM

IMO I don't see the need for the detachable end, and I have heard from people that own them that they don't last a season. I have seen them shootthey are powerfull and accurate but when you throw in that the bow doesnt last a season that would drive most people away.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

There have been quite a few who have or had Barnetts and enjoy or have
had good experinces with the bow.The two I had had a lot of arrows
shot thru them with no problems,my only problem was the trigger pull
which was awful.My local gun smith solved it and made it a pleasure to
shoot.One of the fellows in my hunting is shooting one of my old Barnetts
and is very happy with it,another has the new Reveloution and is happy
with it,of all the people that bash them how many have owned and only can remember two on this site who has had major problems with them.
I guess its to each his own and maybe they shoot what they can afford.
I have heard of problems with other xbows one of my Parkers included
but maybe Barnett has worked on their problems and are on the road
to putting a better product out for the public,as I said to each his own.
ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

I've been seeing the commercial's for the new barnett's that have the quick detatch thingy on the limbs. I dont like the looks of it. Taking off the limbs has to change your POI somewhat, and also. what if that jig doesnt hold back your limbs? I just have this immage of someone shooting at a deer, the arrow being quickly followed by the whole entire front of the bow!

Old 08-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

I have 2 Barnett Quad 300s and love them. I wouldn't pick up the new AVI for 10 more FPS. Barnetts service has been excellent. These two I shoot are great in my book!
Old 08-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: coyote170

There have been quite a few who have or had Barnetts and enjoy or have
had good experinces with the bow.The two I had had a lot of arrows
shot thru them with no problems,my only problem was the trigger pull
which was awful.My local gun smith solved it and made it a pleasure to
shoot.One of the fellows in my hunting is shooting one of my old Barnetts
and is very happy with it,another has the new Reveloution and is happy
with it,of all the people that bash them how many have owned and only can remember two on this site who has had major problems with them.
I guess its to each his own and maybe they shoot what they can afford.
I have heard of problems with other xbows one of my Parkers included
but maybe Barnett has worked on their problems and are on the road
to putting a better product out for the public,as I said to each his own.
ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

I wasnt really bashing them,I was more or less just pointing out the things I didnt like about the looks of the design and what i could see possibly happening. That's all
Old 08-19-2007, 05:58 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: coyote170
maybe Barnett has worked on their problems and are on the road
to putting a better product out for the public,as I said to each his own

I agree... I'm fairly new to crossbows but even from the short time I've been into it it really looks like they're putting forth an above average effort attrying to improve their products, as long as its a genuineeffort at actually improving the product and not just a "look good sales gimmick" aimedjust for better marketing and more sales, I couldnt say because I've never dealt with them

I have nodislike forbarnett and if it came down to it I would shoot one just as quick as I would any other, I have heard alot that their triggers arent the best, which is what turns meaway from them,but you'd think that that would be right on the top of the list of improvements so I would imagine that if they really are ligit about improving their product line that they'd get a decent one fairly quick(if they havent already with these new crossbows)

I'd have to get a better look at that take down design though, all I've seen of it is just the brief showingon the commercial and a poor picture on their websight, other than that I havent been able to find any info or diagramsof it at all, but from what I could make out on the commercial it looks like its just a couple of catch arms that lock into something at the rear and the handle levers forward and tigntens and locks the system, if it works like I think it does I guess I could see it not taking much timeto loosen up
Old 08-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, Barnett crossbows have their problems. Had a Rhino that was a takedown and it was a pretty good crossbow. Still have a Quad 400. The big problem that i have with the Quad 400 is that the scope mounting is weak. Finally quit hunting with mine because hauling it around changed the zero every time i went out.

Couple of years ago i bought a Revolution XS. It is a totally different Barnett altogether. It is a takedown crossbow but i never take it apart. The Revolution XS has a very good scope mounting system and it does stay zeroed. This crossbow is as accurate as any one out there.

Like the Quad 400 it is very powerful crossbow and i have taken a few hogs with it.

Quick Reply: Barnett's new crossbow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.