Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Help Please with Stringing Exocet 200!! >

Help Please with Stringing Exocet 200!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Help Please with Stringing Exocet 200!!

Old 08-17-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Help Please with Stringing Exocet 200!!

I just got my Exocet 200 put together and now I am trying to string it. It came with two fff strings excalibur #1989. I have the striging aid on the crossbow now. The string is not long enough to loop around both ends. I do not have any instructions, but does the stringing aid need adjusting?

Thanks!!
Old 08-17-2007, 04:23 PM

Default RE: Help Please with Stringing Exocet 200!!

Ok, I managed to shorten the stringing aid to where I could get the string on. Man, it was tougher than i thought it would be. Now the string is about 3/4" from the first of the two lines for the brace height. Will the string stretch on it's own? I will not be able to shoot it for a few days so should I just leave it be and see how much it stretches?

Old 08-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

MOST OF US HAVE BEEN THERE
Old 08-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Current Excals do not come with a FFF string (acutally they never did). The 1989 string is Flemish Dyna Flight string. It should have come with a Dacron B500 endless loop string which "stretches" or properly called creeps like crazy. You should shoot the bow to speed up the process.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

That stringing aid should not be difficult, you will figure it out with time..
Your string will stretch, on its own slowly or quickly if you shoot with it. Keep your eye on where it sits, once you find a place that makes you happy youwill have to take one end of the string off and turn it once or twice to shorten it back up again, this will be particularly important if you are setting up an Excal scope.
Congrats on the new bow by the way!!
You will probably get about 15-20 shots off the bow before the string starts to settle down and not stretch so much, so quick, get those ones out of the way before you do any serious tuning to the bow. It will still stretch after that but not as quickly.
Have fun!
Old 08-17-2007, 05:17 PM

Thanks for all the help. The bow is slightly used and the guy I bought it from sent me two FFF strings to go with it. I'm heading out on vacation until Tuesday so when I get back I'll be able to shoot it. I just wanted to make sure I did everything right. I'll see how much it has stretched when I get back in town. Cant wait to get back and try it out!!

Edit:I guess the guy was just keeping the strings in anExcaliburFFF box. Upon further investigation I believe these strings are Excel and not FFF. How would I tell the difference for sure?
Old 08-17-2007, 06:39 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: b_in_atl
Edit:I guess the guy was just keeping the strings in anExcaliburFFF box. Upon further investigation I believe these strings are Excel and not FFF. How would I tell the difference for sure?
If it is a factory Xcel (not Excel) then it will be a brown with maybe some green strands in an endless loop string. If it is a factory string it will be either Dacron or Dyna Flight. Dyna Flight Flemish strings are much thinner than Dacron. Dacron strands are much thicker as well having 30 strands and the Dyna Flight has about 26 strands.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

BinAtl: I got pics of them all! Tore my brain up trying to figure all of them out a few years ago, since then we've been thru Excal stings 101, 202, 303, lololol. Pm me an email addy and I'll send ya pics. trust me you're doing better than some have here on Excal strings!!

You do know you can use your rope cocker w/ stringing aid, right? Just slide that pos plastic tube outta the way and apply rope cocker like you would on the bow string. Also works to uncock, but watch video/dvd first, they go down alot easier than up.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:25 AM

About an hour after I got the string on I thought to myself... it would have been much easier if I had thought to use the rope cocker.

I'll send you a pm awshucks so you can send me those pics.

Thanks!
Old 08-18-2007, 10:57 AM

Ok, thanks to all your help the strings I have are definitely Xcel strings. Dnk could you pm me and let me know your prices and what kind of payment you accept? I might decide to go ahead and get some of your FFF strings since I've heard such great things about them.