Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 birthday present to myself >

birthday present to myself

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

birthday present to myself

Old 08-10-2007, 09:57 AM

Default birthday present to myself

Today is my birthday.....58 years old.
Gonna give myself a present.....I'm gonna stop smoking.
Doctor gave me a perscription for this new drug on the market called " CHANTIX" and it has been a so called wonder drug for those who want to stop smoking LOL.....so I'm gonna try it LOL.

I'm going out tonight and get me a BIG pizza with anchovies.....u all are welcome to join me........

BOB in PA.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: birthday present to myself

Happy birthday, and good luck! I quit on a whim after almost 20 years, never looked back. Took all the money I saved and bought a fishing boat within a year, wife was so proud of me she bought me a motor..
The biggest trick is to simply not smoke again, the cravings do stop.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Bob!! Happy B-day!! I quit about 3 years ago. Had packs everywhere, in the truck, on the bike, hunting pouch, ect. worked my way down to last pack and last cig. woke up at 4 am jonesin for a smoke, knew I only had the one left, so made a pot of coffee and kept nubbin it out to stretch it out, lol. finished it, dumped every ashtray in the house so I couldn't butt-hunt, lol, and never looked back.I got tired of ruining my hunts smoking.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Spike

Congratulations! I'm also 58 and quit smoking in 1988. I feel better, sleep better, and definetly smell better. My next door neighbor and hunting buddy quit a month ago with a prescription med. Maybe the same one you are using. Best advice I can give is DON'T SMOKE TODAY!!! Do the same tomorrow and so on. That's what worked for me.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Typical Buck

Happy Birthday. Buddy at work just got done with the same prescription. He said the only side effect was his dreams. Had some real strange ones from the ones he told me. But he quit and is a happy camper.

Big motivation for him was that he wanted to quit..

Good luck..

Old 08-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Happy happy birthdayi hope it does the trick!
Old 08-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Happy Birthday ya ole fart and congratulations on your decision! I should have sent you a Boo string!
Old 08-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Dominant Buck

I smoked 3 packsofCamel regulars for 40yrs (52-92), smoked 2 packs ofDoral filtered regularsfor 8yrs (92-2000), smoked 5-6 Imported Cigars dailyfor61/2 yrs(2000- April 17th 20007) and had no Smoking since then.....
Old 08-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Happy Birthday.........The Doc put me on it and it works wonders,but I ran out and never got anymore,it was around 106.00 so I quite and guess what I started again but thats my own doing.....the 2nd day I started didnt even have the craveing and I smoked 11/2 pac a day.....It works but dont stop go the full 3 months...................
Old 08-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

happy b-day. please let us know how you make out. smoking is the one vice i have'nt been able to quit. maybe i should look into that medicine you're going to try.

Quick Reply: birthday present to myself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.