Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Reason You Hav A Crossbow >

Reason You Hav A Crossbow

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Reason You Hav A Crossbow

Old 08-06-2007, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Reason You Hav A Crossbow

Glad yer back, great to hear have a wee one on the way and things are going well.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:01 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bowfisherman

I use both. I use the xbow during gun season. Just something different. I have found it just as challenging to shoot as a regular bow for the most part.
Same here, although ours is confined to late archery only. It's legal, it's different, and it's fun.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

I always loved shooting a compound bow. (over 10 yrs ago) Being left handed did have some draw backs at finding a bow that was comfy. Went to various stores just to try different bows out. I got stuck on blackpowder hunting and left bows behind. I was never accurate enough to actually hunt with one, so just did some backyard shooting. Virginia opened up the use of crossbows in 2005 and thought I would give it a try. I love it, now get into the woods earlier, then hunt blackpowder and the rest of the year I swap back and forth using my Xbow and blackpowder gun.

Only time my shotgun comes out to play is dove season. Plan on taking my Xbow with me this year if we get to go to Chincoteague to hunt Sieka deer again this yr. That would be sweet.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Fork Horn

Hey buttermilkranch,
Hope the surgery was a success and you'll be back to normal soon.
Me, I fell from a treestand in '94 and was left paralyzed so a crossbow was the only way for me to bow hunt again.
Good luck this season.

xbowbarry

Old 08-06-2007, 05:52 PM

thanks. surgery was succesful i can walk and move around just very painful to bend and move my shoulders
Old 08-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

BMR,

I use one because I blew out my back L4-L5-S1 in 2000. After my first operation I felt better than I had in about 15 years. I guess you could say I felt too good. Then I got stupid and too down a few trees and re-injured my back and I have been in constant pain. Next week is operations 5 and 6 to try a neurostimulator. BMR, I am really glad to see that your operation was sucessful. Now all you have to do is try to keep remimding yourself so you don't injure it again.

HH
Old 08-07-2007, 08:26 PM

In 98" I was coming back from a hunt on a atv I rounded abig brush pile and a doe jumped out in front of me I hit it head on and was flung about 30 feet in the air into a poplar tree. Unable to call anyone i laid there until after dark until my wife knew something was wrong they come looking for me. I was rescued by the rescue squad and EMS units and carried in a stokes basket by atv to a waiting helicopter and airlifted out. One week later I returned home to lick my wounds..I seperated my shoulder, broke my pelvis in 2 spots, broke my left foot and had a head concussion. Iwas wearing a helmet and it was cracked with deer hair in the visor and mouth guard. I laid there for 3 months and had to learn to walk all over again. Thank God for morphine..Unable to draw my bow on the lowest setting without pulling my arm out of socket and shoving my shoulder against a tree to put it in place I give up bow hunting until 2004 '. I bought a TL-4 with scope from Tenpoint and now back in the saddle again. Ive taken many deer with it since 04' and tagged out with it last year 6 deer & 2 turkeys one was a bearded hen with 8.75 beard.. I love my xbow.

Freezersfull