Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

hello

Old 07-23-2007, 02:02 PM

Default hello

Hello everyone. I am glad to be here.
I am a crossbow´s hunter from Peru.
Can someone recommend a good target to stop bolts with field points and for hunter points?

best regards,

Ivan T.
www.ballestaperu.com

p.d. excuse me my bad english

Old 07-23-2007, 02:13 PM

Default RE: hello

I have read several threads on here about the targets and the Morrell brand has good reports particuarly the Yellow Jacket. They make it for field points and Broadheads. the Block is another good one from what I have read. good Luck. Where do you live now????
Old 07-23-2007, 02:27 PM

scpatterson:
Thanks, very much. I live in Lima, capital of Peru

Old 07-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome! I use the block and find that it works extremely well.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:43 PM

Wow! Thats a ways away! My dad does alot of prison ministry work and has been to Recife Brazil, looks to be about the same geographic level as Peru and he said that was one of the best places he had ever been. Maybe not the best economy in the world but he said the weather was perfect and the beach communities where the best he ever seen. But back to your question. What do you have available to you in Peru? It would be hard to make a recommendation on a fifty dollar target if it cost a couple hundred dollars to have it shipped from or local cabelas to you all the way down there. A good cheap field point target is one you can make. You take a old burlap bag and stuff it as hard and full as you can with old clothes and plastic bags. Cram it in there as hard as you can and then tie it shut or sew it shut. That will stop any field point target real good. Not sure how well it will hold up to broad heads, or "hunter" points but they work well for field points. If you can get some real dense thick foam that will work on the Hunter points but you will cut it up in time. If you can tell us what you have in your area maybe we can make a suggestion or if shipping cost is of no concern to you then what the previous post have said are great recommendations.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:46 PM

Hotburn
Peru limit with Brazil, we also have beautifulls beach and rain forrest like Brasil. Also we have mountains (Andes). (If you want to know more from Peru you can see some pics in my web page (Association of crossbow´s hunters from Peru www.ballestaperu.com )
Now i use a home made target as you said. But i want to buy some real crossbow target.
In Peru, dont sell any crossbow target because that i must buy in Usa. Send it to Peru is not problem. My mother live in Florida and she come frequently to Peru.
i am searching for a good cube for broadhead and field points
regards

Ivan
Old 07-23-2007, 11:48 PM

If you can get one from here then to be more specific I would say get a layered foam target like "the Block" target but get the newer ones that you can not see the layers on it since it has a covering of foam on it that seals the layers in. I have the "Original" crossbow block target and it works great. But it is one where you can see all the layers on the outside edge. What happens with this is when you shoot the same area multiple times and create a triangular wedge, as you pull your arrows out you pull out slices of the layered foam creating a soft spot and then it will not stop your arrows in that spot. The newer Block targets from cabelas have this but I am not sure if the yellow jacket targets have it. But this is my third season using my target and the first time I started having problems with it.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:16 AM

i agree...the block is the way to go