Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 New to xbow's just bought one... >

New to xbow's just bought one...

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

New to xbow's just bought one...

Old 07-21-2007, 02:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default New to xbow's just bought one...

hello everyone. I just got my first cb... Money was an issue cause I have severe disk disease and numerous surguries and cannot work full time.So I settled on a Horton TeamRealTree HD 175 package with the Hunter 3dot RD scope. $400 shipped. I hope I didn't make a mistake getting a Horton. Seems people don't really care for them. It sure seems to shoot nice for me though. I still have to finish sighting it in. But It was hitting 4 inches below the bullseye at about 18yrds and hitting groups about 1 1/2 - 2 1/2" apart right afte I put it together.It has the soundstopers and was less noisy than I expected it would be. That's the first time I've even shot a CB so I figure they can't be that bad a bow. Hell I didn't even have a rest to hold the thing still. And shouldered better than my guns. I like this forum and site. There's a lot of good info on here! I hope to talk to all in the future.
~Chris
Old 07-21-2007, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New to xbow's just bought one...

Chris your gonna find alot ofstrong opinions on crossbow brands in here but I bet you won't find one person who does not think your set up will kill deer all day long...It's a Remington VS. Browning kind of thing.
I have had my Excalibur for a year now and once I learned to never shoot it without an arrow loaded and never to stick my thumb up over the rail things have been great. Good Luck>>>>Whack!!

Old 07-21-2007, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Buckhunter46755
I hope I didn't make a mistake getting a Horton. Seems people don't really care for them. It sure seems to shoot nice for me though. I still have to finish sighting it in. But It was hitting 4 inches below the bullseye at about 18yrds and hitting groups about 1 1/2 - 2 1/2" apart right afte I put it together.~Chris
Chris,

What matters most is what you think. Planter's right, "it will kill deer all day long." I am glad to see that you are still able to get out there and enjoy the woods,

HH
Old 07-21-2007, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the forum! Horton makes good stuff, I'm sure you'll be happy w/ yours. I set one of those up for a friend last fall and was impressed by it.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the forum,if it helps I use a Black and Decker helpmate work
bench,easy to move,use it in the garage when the weathers bad,take it
out when its nice!Makes a sweet portable shooting bench,good luck![8D]
Old 07-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

hey thanks, yes... I was reading about people getting their fingers in the way of the string. When I first shot it, that thought had me kinda freaked out! lol.... I'm glad I have smaller hands and not too long of fingers! After a few shots I knew right away I liked cb's. down the road I know i'll upgrade eventually I was checking out the excaliburs and ten points...sweeet. I love the sport of the hunt, and it sure will help if I can tag a deer this fall... thanks for the welcome! I didn't get one last season but only made it for part of ML due to being gimped up. I have a good feeling for this fall. shooting a bow may open up some new hunting ereas also. see ya later.

Chris
Old 07-21-2007, 09:31 AM

Welcome aboard!!!
Old 07-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Spike

I have the same set up, I was in the same boat as you. Would have liked a excel just did not have the coins.I never got a shot on a deer yet, but does a greatjob on the target.Good luck and good hunting!
Old 07-21-2007, 01:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Horizontal Hunter

Chris,

What matters most is what you think. Planter's right, "it will kill deer all day long." I am glad to see that you are still able to get out there and enjoy the woods,

HH
If it wont kill a deer I'm gonna be wasting a lot of time this fall.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

welcome to the forum. everyone has an opinion on which xbow is best. bottom line is are you happy with your bow? sounds like you have a fine outfit. practice/practice and your bow can for sure kill deer. good luck.

Quick Reply: New to xbow's just bought one...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.