Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Sighting in a new crossbow >

Sighting in a new crossbow

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Sighting in a new crossbow

Old 07-19-2007, 08:06 AM

Default Sighting in a new crossbow

Any advice on sighting in a new crossbow?
Old 07-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sighting in a new crossbow

What kind of Xbow and sight???

HH
Old 07-19-2007, 11:14 PM
Typical Buck

aye, would help to know the bow and type of sight. sight it as you would a rifle. main thing is to especially concentrate shooting the type of shot you'll be taking when hunting. good luck and welcome to the forum.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:18 AM

I guess I will have to reask this later....
Old 07-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK like i said keep all thumbs and fingers below the rail and string. Next issue is start close 10-15 yds. so arrow will hit some where on target to give sightin spot. Ask all the ?'s you need to knowed, as they be some folks here that can answer them.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:11 PM

sight it dead on at ten yards my barnette drops about 6 inches every ten yards you just have to shot it at diff ranges to see how yours drops but use a pattern every ten yard or twenty. practice with broad heads and keep the arrows that shot straight some will fly on you my rig shots barnette bolt the best it make a diff. get rid of the flyers
Old 07-20-2007, 09:26 PM

It's not hard Chris. If you have A scope it is pretty simple. If you get pins you just need to remember to move your front pins opposite of what you want your arrow to do. I would also get a big back drop. Until you get proficient at using a CB you do not want stray arrows going into your yard and laywaiting for you some day in the future. Start out close like say ten and then get set at that and start to move back as you get better and more comfortable. Don't go crazy on arrows of other stuff, just get thebasics down and then get the fancy stuff if you want. At first you need to keep it simple and then build and explore options.The question you ask is kinda broad so you need to get that CB and then start to ask more specific questions as you go.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hot, great wisdom grasshoppercouldn't resist pulling that chain! Is it too early to have Capt. Morgan visit? Just gotta love it!
Old 07-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

all good advice.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:51 PM

All good advice...Yall better eat yout wheaties come Thursday because I am buying something even if is a stick nailed to a board with a rubber band for a string and will have 2037 questions<------just a rough estimate. Thanks for the info

Quick Reply: Sighting in a new crossbow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.