Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Horton Legacy??

Old 07-16-2007, 04:30 AM

Default RE: Horton Legacy??

It's like what was said above, what ever is comfortable for you. I have used Horton's since I was sixteen and never had any problems, recently bought a Excal and love it too, but would never discourage anyone from using a Horton, I will have my dad use mine with confidence. I think I will never use it on deer, but I have gained more long range accuracy with the Vortex then the Horton though. Come deer season, the rabbits at forty and fifty yards are going to have a problem!
Old 07-16-2007, 05:26 AM

Man 50 yards at a rabbit. I cant wait to get to that point with mine....Most of all I am looking forward to hunting with my two sons this year during archery. I work away from home and will miss most of gun season but will catch most of archery. I dont hav emuch experience with a bow and with the crossbow I can pick it up in a few months, or atleast good enough to kill something at 20 yards. I will defianantly get a compound for next year though. I guess that is what this is all about is time with my boys>>>>>>
Old 07-16-2007, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can't tell ya anything about a Horton recurve, just why would they go like Excal? I mean if the compound is so fine! Why copy something that Horton felt was inferior? Glad i own an Excal Exocet 200. If i ever buy another it will be an Excal, nuff said about Dragon slayers![8D]
Old 07-16-2007, 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

...just why would they go like Excal? I mean if the compound is so fine! Why copy something that Horton felt was inferior? ...
Horton First started making CB's in 59. In 83 he started making compounds for the same reason he is making recurves now, its what sells! Horton is doing what is making money and that is the Horton way now. If Excal keeps investors out of its door pushing sales instead of the best they will not have to go down this path. Compounds where the rage of the eighties and nineties and now Excal has made the recurve popular again since that is the current trend. Bernard Horton was making and selling recurves when Bill was thinking of taking Kath to the prom[&:]
Old 07-16-2007, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

What you said is true. I just don't like Horton's, he didn't stay with recurves. He was and is chasing a dollar. You have a horton and i have stepped on yer very long toe's.[:-]I'm just a frugal person and Excal's Dragon Slayers fit my goal best deal around with what i consider the best CB's! [][8D]
Old 07-16-2007, 10:33 PM

You have a horton and i have stepped on yer very long toe's.
Mike we have both been around this site too long for that to happen. After all, I did buy the Vortex!!![&:]
Old 07-16-2007, 10:59 PM

You two sound like me and my mother-in-law, except she really does have big toes and a lop sided head........I have 9 more days and I will be in to look at them again and this time I am buying something, and I mean it this time!!!!!! I will let yall know what I get...........
Old 07-17-2007, 04:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hotburn76 have you put that Horton onto yer father's care yet? Yup you did get the best an Excal and its a vortex. Were good didn't mean to raise yer blood pressure my friend. Maybe someone else is around and i can pull their chain!Have to pick at someone ya knowed! Seems like all the weasels went left or got snuffed out. I'm sorry to have irked you.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:04 AM

Hotburn76 have you put that Horton onto yer father's care yet?
He knows its what he will be using this fall. Have not fully given it to him yet, kinda hard to just hand over 600 bucks! LOL!! The only thing I worry about is the weight. I have actually thought about selling it and getting him a Phoenix just so it will be lighter for him.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Quick Reply: Horton Legacy??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.