Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Wax on wax off..... >

Wax on wax off.....

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Wax on wax off.....

Old 06-30-2007, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wax on wax off.....

Why do I wax the whole string on my compound but just the serving on my Pheonix? Am I missing sumpin? I work more wax into my Hoyt Vortexthat I could mold a candle. >>>>>Whack!!
Old 06-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wax on wax off.....

John, do you mean Hoyt Vulcan?
Yes you are missing something. You should wax the rest of your string with a wax that gets used on a compound. The loops especially need attention.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:11 PM

There's something I didn't know. What is the purpose of putting the wax on the loops?
Old 07-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

The purpose of the wax is to prevent the fibers from abraiding against each other. The biggest point where the fibers move the most is the loops. After a while the loops get frayed sooner or later but lube slows down the process. The whole string should be lubed but the loops are just as important than the serving. One good reason the lube the serving is to get some into the string fibers. When string is cocked it really kinks the string fibers.