Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Cocked in Bowblind ? >

Cocked in Bowblind ?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Cocked in Bowblind ?

Old 06-24-2007, 03:27 AM

Default Cocked in Bowblind ?

I am new to crossbow hunting, after having years of fun shooting/hunting compound. I had to stop owing to a neck injury.

I am forutnate to live in South Africa, where hunting is great, but info on crosbows a bit scarce. I recently bought a Stryker, that really blows my mind, but no where on in the manual does it say it is safe to have it cocked for a few hours while waiting for something to come close to the blind ??

So waht is the right thing to do ??
Old 06-24-2007, 06:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Cocked in Bowblind ?

Stuck in a a blind in Africa.. You poor fellow..

I don't know about the striker, but my excalibur is no stranger to 8-10 hours runs fully drawn. Have you sent them an email?
Old 06-24-2007, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get an Excal for back-up, lol. They all can stay cocked all day.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had my Parker for five hours the other day,doing a lot of varmit
hunting now,it doesnt seem to effect the xbow,go for it!
Old 06-24-2007, 08:38 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Get an Excal for back-up, lol. They all can stay cocked all day.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:56 PM

I think this calls for a test from Dan! Has anyone ever target practiced with there CB by cocking it and leaving it cocked and taking a shot every say six hours or so, and then re-cocking it and leaving it cocked for another six hours? Could only get maybe three shots off in a day but would be a good test to see if it effects accuracy. Are you willing Dan, or have you already done this one?
Old 06-25-2007, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have had both my 10 point and Exocet cocked all day hunting and put them on the bench rest when i got done for the day it was so dark I had to use the yard light to shoot as far as I can tell it did not make any differance they still hit my 2 inch spot from 25 yds. Lee
Old 06-25-2007, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jason, ddn't do the 6 hr thing but have left mine cocked in the shop over night a few times and it was still dead nuts at 30 the next day. I never leave any of mine unstrung either.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:17 AM

Sounds good guys! There is alot of times mine is left cocked all day also. When I do morning hunts and evening hunts in the same day it is cocked in the morning and left cocked until after the evening hunt. Good info to know.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

One thing I will bring to your attention a single person blind in most cases is not big enough for a x-bow if it bums the side when you shoot it will open the side of the blind like a sharp knife and cause you to miss. Guess how I found that out. Lee

Quick Reply: Cocked in Bowblind ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.