Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 What do you think of this? >

What do you think of this?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

What do you think of this?

Old 06-15-2007, 08:51 PM

Default What do you think of this?

Well I had plans on waiting until I had enough to get it from cabelas but it didn't work out that way. My wife has learned to do bridal alterations and dress making from her mother and has been doing pretty good at it the last couple of years. Well this summer she has been doing alot of custom gowns for brides and that pays pretty good. Asked what I wanted for my birthday and told me the dollar amount and I was a happy man. Then was real happy when she said I did not have to wait until 7-6 and could do it tonight! I think this is the first time since we were married my wife bought me a present without my money! LOL!!

Don, Dan, Dave and Mike, consider yourself warned and be ready for the onslaught of questions!! LOL!!
Old 06-15-2007, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you think of this?

Jason, way to go!! did you get a package or just the bow? Guessing bare bow? If so, my advice is to get all the other goodies from Danny Miller at [740] 483-2312. Your bow will come w/ a dacron string and if you got an accessory package, 357 gr arrows. You get the same speed w/ FFF string and Millers 431 gr arrows. Way better performance w/ 431's. Rope cocker and stringing aid, maybe a Miller over the bow quiver and my rf mount, lol. I'm really tickled you got it coming, can't wait to hear your impressions on it.

You realize you may have to change your signature line???
Old 06-15-2007, 09:46 PM

Just got done with this also. I used my Cabelas cards from work on this. I plan on using Danny for my first batch of arrows when I get them. Will probably order some next Friday when I get paid.

Old 06-16-2007, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

My my you have been real busy! Congrats on all the goodies! Just in time to get lots of good practice before hunting season gets here. Well ask all the ?'s you want, Don and Dan will sure be delighted. I will even refer you to their expert answers.[][:-][8D]
Old 06-16-2007, 08:45 AM
Typical Buck

Us ohio guys think alike! Anyway, if you like yours half as much as I like mine you will be tickled pinK! I have seen some of you cam pics... They are pretty amazing. I guess we don't keep all the big bucks down in Southeast Ohio (Athens County is where I just purchased 100 acres).

Congrats on the purchase and you WILL be happy with it!

Old 06-16-2007, 11:29 AM
KLS
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

Just got done with this also. I used my Cabelas cards from work on this. I plan on using Danny for my first batch of arrows when I get them. Will probably order some next Friday when I get paid.

man, those gift cards look handy, I could use a few of those...

I've been kind of burning through the money again lately, I bought my son a 20ga 870 youth model shotgun last week and ended up dropping $290 on thatand I just paid $365 for my crossbow a couple days ago, and with what I have figured I have to drop another $150 into that to get it completely set up, but thats set up right down to the case and rope cocker, so I guess it isnt so bad... I'm not 100% caught up with stuff after all that time off work I had last year and I need to settle down a little but I want to get all mine and my sonshunting stuff we need(or just want) this year bought before hunting season starts, that way I dont have to mess with it then...

by the way, who isDanny Miller? I've seen his name/number mentioned a few times on here and itlooks likehes pretty highly recommened,istherea website?
Old 06-16-2007, 11:41 AM

Dan or Don can correct me but I think Danny is the USA rep for Excal. I do not think he has a web site. But he does all the warranty work for Excal and also has all the goodies for sale too.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yo yer most right Hotburn76! That he is! Right good fella too.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

WAYta go Hotburn........I just sold my last compound this last wensday for 400.00,Iam up to 500.00 now...My vortex is getting closer..Yepeee..but I go into the Doc on the 20th for neck surgery(if Insurance dosnt put a hold on it) so that will put me back alittle as far astime goes,but Iam shooting for aug 1st too have enough to buy it.
Once again CONGRATS....
Old 06-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just checked out bowhunterssuperstore.com and when I get in tonight Iam ordering the vortex.....and the basic package......BUT BUT Before I do I need to know if Excal makes a cranking unit because I dont know if I would be able to pull the rope cocker.....

found the crankaroo thingymajingee thingy....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.