Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 OUTDOOR LIFE PUMPS UP THE VOLUME >

OUTDOOR LIFE PUMPS UP THE VOLUME

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

OUTDOOR LIFE PUMPS UP THE VOLUME

Old 06-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default OUTDOOR LIFE PUMPS UP THE VOLUME

Ladies and Gentlemen - Check out the latest post on the field journals and share you thoughts with the gang.

http://www.huntingnet.com/fieldjournal/fieldjournal_detail.aspx?nID=677
Old 06-14-2007, 03:56 PM

Default RE: OUTDOOR LIFE PUMPS UP THE VOLUME

Great article, I am glad to see some light shed on the poll. It's to bad that it was compromised, although as you pointed out it is obvious that the supporters of the crossbow out way the anti crowd based on posted comments.[/align]
Old 06-14-2007, 04:27 PM

Great article DJH. Was happy until I read the Editors note that was probably a HNI staff when the thread rules say this is not the place for a CB debate? It is only a matter of time as more states join on board, the last couple of years is the start of a massive movement and I think that in ten years the compoundwill start to have the same end as the recurve. I think you should really start to focus some of your energy on Bowtech in my opinion. Doegirl made a post a while back about it and I agree with her 100% that Bowtech is going to hurt the CB movement with there new CB. The way they advertise that thing is exactly how the antis portray the CB. Load, Aim, Game Over! Or something like that. I think They have a two sided approach with that CB. They hurt the CB movement enough to keep selling compounds or the do not hurt it and are ready for CB sales IMO! A company with that sales method is not trying to help the CB image.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've a few thoughts to share, lol. #1, I think if HNI asked folks to comment here, they suspended the no bashing rule for a bit. I've been waiting a long time for some common sense emotionless reasons not to inlude the xbow from the anti side.

As far as Bowtech and the Stryker go, we are in a slightly different position than DJH in that making our opinions public is great. He has to walk a fine line in NOT showing favoritism to any one company as editor and publisher of HBM, and I think he does a good job of it.

I'm on a lot of xbow forums as most of you know. I either shoot them or read about them every day, and sometimes do both. Alot of the forums like ours here are not open to discussing the differences, but the poll and the blogs are fair game and we've done real well there. As a buddy of ours says, "OOHRAH"
Old 06-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Then you folks are going to be very pleased with Bowtech’s new crossbow. Their second-generation bow is ready to hit the market and it is more in line with the others out there. One thing that you cannot take away from Bowtech is the excellence of their engineering. In their new model, the chain is gone, the speed is down and they have maintained all of my favorite features from the Stryker. Bowtech is quality and they are in this market for the duration. We will be running an ad for it in the summer issue. I am especially proud of the camo pattern as it is what our troops are wearing in Iraq. Bowtech aims to please and considering that they have just entered the market, I think we owe them a bit of time to find the groove that will make everyone happy. And if I know Bowtech, that is exactly what they will do.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:18 PM

Very good article Daniel. Five Stars. Your replys on the blogs really set the pace to for accurate, precise, right on the money information.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: DJH -------

Then you folks are going to be very pleased with Bowtech’s new crossbow. Their second-generation bow is ready to hit the market and it is more in line with the others out there. One thing that you cannot take away from Bowtech is the excellence of their engineering. In their new model, the chain is gone, the speed is down and they have maintained all of my favorite features from the Stryker. Bowtech is quality and they are in this market for the duration. We will be running an ad for it in the summer issue. I am especially proud of the camo pattern as it is what our troops are wearing in Iraq. Bowtech aims to please and considering that they have just entered the market, I think we owe them a bit of time to find the groove that will make everyone happy. And if I know Bowtech, that is exactly what they will do.
This post is meaningless without pictures. When will more info be out on it?
Old 06-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

HERE YOU GO...

Old 06-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

ANOTHER VIEW...

Old 06-15-2007, 09:26 AM

I think that the opposition to crossbows is ridiculous. I do not own a crossbow, but have great interest in them and not only as a I have a bad back that can get irritated by my compound bow. I really believe that crossbows will be legal for archery season in Minnesota after the powers that be look over the data that will accumulate for crossbow use during rifle season the next two years and realize that poaching is not going to go up in any significant way due to crossbow use. I think that tying crossbow and increased poaching together to be crazy anyways.

Quick Reply: OUTDOOR LIFE PUMPS UP THE VOLUME

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.