Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Target Question

Old 06-06-2007, 11:11 PM

Default Target Question

Being new to xbows, I'm just wondering, will The Block and the Morrell Super Duper Bag Target work for my xbow set-up w/ field tips? I got the Horton Team Realtree HD 175/305 fps. Having dropped all my money into my crossbow I'm hoping to be able to get by shooting at my old archery targets for awhile. Any insight would be greatly apprieciated. Thanks!
Old 06-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Target Question

The bag target should work just fine if it's new, i'm blowing through my bag right now. Dont use the super pointy feild tips though, that's no fun watching your arrow fly down range past the target[:@]I have a foam deer target and my carbon arrows seem to like melt into the freakin thing but the aluminum's come out easier (still have to stand on the thing to get them out!)

If the bag's older put the block behind the bag incase of a passthru or just use the block, see how you like each one. any target made for archery should work within it's limits.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

The Block is always a nice target, they are used on the range I shoot on.
To keep carbons from melting into the target you can use furniture polish on them. Don came down last week (for some shooting lessons ) and he used silicone spray on the shafts, that works great too, arrows that were sticking hard were coming out with two fingers.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:27 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I spray my layered targets with silicone. At the shop I stuff a cardboard box with plastic bags and shoot away. Like a bag target you have to re-arrange the stuffing once in a while to prevent pass throughs.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:35 AM

Thanks for the tips!
Old 06-08-2007, 09:08 AM

The block target works OK. I had it and it stopped the arrows fine but the one handed arrow removal was not the case. Would have to lay the target down and use two hands and a knee to get them out at first.Near the end of last year I could just put one hand on the top of target and use one to pull the arrow, but took all I had to not need to use my knee. Its getting better, but when it is used up I will try another brand first.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here ya go! $11.00 I think. Miller: [740] 483-2312. You can grab em behind the vanes even!

Old 06-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get yer self a hundred lb. gunnysack, fill it full of old clothing plastic bags etc. its free and works very well.[8D]
Old 06-09-2007, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

awshucks,

Please share more? I saw my dealer use one to pull out my arrows (2). Didn't even think of asking about them.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gimphunter: Those arrow pulling pliers were invented and made and sold by Danny Miller at the phone number [no puter sales or site] I listed above, best money I spent on xbow stuff!! And for any of you Excal or other threaded nock shooters, those screw in ones pull your nocks outta the arrows, don't waste your money buyin or your time making one like I did, lol.

Quick Reply: Target Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.