Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Bowtech

Old 05-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech

Old 05-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ratus

ORIGINAL: 10ptCrossbow

Do your homework. There are some other high performance bows out there that may suit you as well. Made by crossbow companies.
Apparently you didn't do your homework (or you just forgot to hand it in on time).

From what I've been told and from what I read on their web site, the Stryker crossbow is produced by Stryker Manufacturing anddistributed solely by Bowtech. If you look at the contact page the two companies don't share the same address.

And BTW, it really doesn't look too good when the Sales Manager from one of theircompetitors talks bad about other manufacturers products. Just somethingyou may want to keep in the back of your mind while your typing on here and other forums.
I see nothing whatsoever that Randy said that was bad! Nothing! You read what you wanted. If it gets you going to have someone with proven integrity suggest that you consider a crossbow made by a crossbow manufacturer then you have some basic issues that need to be addressed. How in the world can you take offence at this???
What does the lack of the same address show? Nothing accept that maybe they are different companies owned by the same investors that do NOT want to share liablilities.
Randy you are a good man, you can stand beside me any time. I would be honoured! When a man has ain intellegent comment and has a history of helping others he gets my respect! Randy, I will defend you to the end and stand by your side. You should have more respect than what was given earlier. You have helped people in need out of conscience not for business reasons. You have always been a gentleman and have not deviated in your post.
I would rather buy a crossbow made my a crossbow company. They have supported my sport for longer and will get my hard earned dollars first! Excalibur said it well about themselves and this statement applies to Tenpoint as well. [font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"][font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"][font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"][font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"][font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"][font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"][font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]At Excalibur, we aren't big business cashing in on crossbow hunting, we're crossbow hunters who build crossbows.

Don
Popcorn anyone?
Old 05-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

ORIGINAL: Ratus

ORIGINAL: 10ptCrossbow

Do your homework. There are some other high performance bows out there that may suit you as well. Made by crossbow companies.
Apparently you didn't do your homework (or you just forgot to hand it in on time).

From what I've been told and from what I read on their web site, the Stryker crossbow is produced by Stryker Manufacturing anddistributed solely by Bowtech. If you look at the contact page the two companies don't share the same address.

And BTW, it really doesn't look too good when the Sales Manager from one of theircompetitors talks bad about other manufacturers products. Just somethingyou may want to keep in the back of your mind while your typing on here and other forums.
I see nothing whatsoever that Randy said that was bad! Nothing! You read what you wanted. If it gets you going to have someone with proven integrity suggest that you consider a crossbow made by a crossbow manufacturer then you have some basic issues that need to be addressed. How in the world can you take offence at this???
What does the lack of the same address show? Nothing accept that maybe they are different companies owned by the same investors that do NOT want to share liablilities.
Randy you are a good man, you can stand beside me any time. I would be honoured! When a man has ain intellegent comment and has a history of helping others he gets my respect! Randy, I will defend you to the end and stand by your side. You should have more respect than what was given earlier. You have helped people in need out of conscience not for business reasons. You have always been a gentleman and have not deviated in your post.
I would rather buy a crossbow made my a crossbow company. They have supported my sport for longer and will get my hard earned dollars first! Excalibur said it well about themselves and this statement applies to Tenpoint as well. [font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"][font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"][font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"][font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"][font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"][font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"][font="arial,helvetica,sans-serif"]At Excalibur, we aren't big business cashing in on crossbow hunting, we're crossbow hunters who build crossbows.

Don
Popcorn anyone?
I've done my homework and now is a good time to hand it in. Stryker and Bowtech are one in the same regardless of addresses. The magical/mystical 400 fps out of a crossbow was broken as early as the year 2000. Although I'm sure there are other xbow mfgrs out there that could be producing bows w/ that many UNNEEDED fps, the 2000 model I'm referring to is the Excal Paradox, a joint effort w/ Bear archery whose stateside model was called the Maxpoint. Danny Miller, the US warranty rep for Excal was deeply involved in the design work for those bows and has experience w/ breaking the 400 fps mark. None of the xbow mfgrs wanted to cash in on the "need for speed" such as Bowtech/Stryker has done. They look more at the big picture which is universal acceptance of the xbow as a viable hunting tool comparable w/ compound verticle bows, in other words, no great advantage speed or trajectory wise. There is no doubt some resentment from the established, respected, xbow mfgrs on the subject of the Stryker. Randy Wood, aka 10 pt, aka Crossbow does an excellant job of representing his employer, 10 pt and being truthful in his dealings and posts on various forums. Class dismissed??
Old 05-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 05-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

What's w/ the big blue letters?? My apologies to the forum, now I got popcorn coming out of my printer!![:@]
Old 05-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had to remove my Glasses...It must be a blue mood thingamajig....
Old 05-24-2007, 04:36 AM

I was moreso referring to his remarks on OTHER forums that why I had said "this and other forums".

Yeah I understand Stryker is a new crossbow manufacturer but so weren't the others at some point in time? What did Tenpoint, Horton, Excal, Barnett build before they built they're first crossbows?

Didn't people have to put they're faith in buying the first ones? Good questions huh?
Old 05-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

Awshucks, DNK,
Thanks guys.

Ratus,
I have on more then one occasion told people to look at all the crossbows and find the one they like. I have on more then one occasion told people to look at a certain type of crossbow that was not a TenPoint. Do I think TenPoints are the best? Yes. Do I think TenPoint is the best fit for everyone, absolutley not.
While selling TenPoint crossbows is very important to me, having a stong crossbow industry is very important as well. I donot talk bad about the compitition. Each manufacturer out there does a good job at certain things. We each have found our own nitch. I will openly say that Barnett bows are struggling right now, but I also openly say I hope they get things figured out and get back in the game.
Styrker took a line on speed that the other crossbow companies did not think was good for the crossbow indusrty and where we want to go with it. I have not been shy about that. Stryker went for speed and they did a great job of getting that speed. Just not a direction TenPoint feels we need to go. As for Stryker being a seperate company... call the "Stryker" number and see who answers the phone. It doesn't make any difference to me, but they are on in the same.
As for what TenPoint made before crossbows, nothing. That is all we do. Crossbows. Same with Horton and Excalibur.

Thanks,
Randy Wood
National Sales Manager
TenPoint Crossbow Technologies
Old 05-25-2007, 01:28 AM

I'll tell what the biggest issue I have with the Stryker. It's not the fact that it can sling an arrow at 405fps. It's the idiotic advertising campaign Bowtech has going on at the Stryker website. Cock-Load-Squeeze-Game Over. Apparently you don't even have to aim the thing. Everybody let's just dress up like special forces combatants just to show how bad and manly our oversized, unwieldy monstrosity of an x-bow this stryker really is. It shoots 405fps, you know. That's all that matters.
Crossbows are just starting to gain acceptance. This paramilitary advertising campaign is counterproductive. My suggestion to Bowtech, change the advertising to a more legit focus on hunting and quit giving the Stryker "gun-like" attributes. O.K. officially off soap box.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Well done Doegirl!

Quick Reply: Bowtech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.