Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

any one know

Old 05-17-2007, 04:51 AM

Default any one know

hi does any one have tried this shooting a arrow in the animals head will the animal fall on spot an is that legal
Old 05-17-2007, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: any one know

Legal, unethical, immoral. You can shoot the animal in the head if you wish but why run the chance of missing it's brain and shooting it in the nose, the jaw, or other non lethal places. Do you really trust your aim that much that you would put an animals life on the line? He could go for the rest of his life misrable with a big arrow stuck in his face. It's Highly not recomended.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:26 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I saw a video of this looser who did that, the animal did not die cleanly. It was revolting to watch. I did not watch it to the end so I dont know how long is suffered. From what I saw and I never want to see it again, death is not nearly immediate nor is it humane.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

absolutely not. may well be the worst shot one could take.[:'(]
Old 05-17-2007, 01:59 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

if hit in the right spot it will more than kill a deer, I can consistantly hit a foam target in the head with my compound in what would be a killing shot, or used to be able to anyway, I cant hit much of anything consistantly with it anymore... I wouldnt try it on a living animalthough,theres just to big a chance ofthe shot going wrong either by human error or animal movement to be worth it and slowly starvingto death with an arrow stuck through your face wouldnt be a good death for any undeserving animal

I've shot deer in the head many times with firearms, buts thats a different story...
Old 05-18-2007, 04:55 AM

i herd this wat do u say ,,,shot on the neck or spine the animal will usually go down imediately
Old 05-27-2007, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

samby,

What you're asking are for certain types of guns. Not bows.