Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

arrow

Old 04-30-2007, 05:19 AM

Default arrow

hi all i just finished my first crossbow an i wanted to know like the arrow is abt 13 inches can i hunt a deer with it
Old 04-30-2007, 05:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: arrow

Hi samby.
You are going to need to provide a lot more details about your crossbow and arrows before anyone can give you advice as to what you should be shooting with it..
The guys here are pretty smart, they will have you on the right track in no time!
Old 04-30-2007, 05:59 AM

wat do u want to know like i use wodden arrows
Old 04-30-2007, 06:58 AM
Typical Buck

The weight of the arrow and thedraw weight of the bow would be an excellent foundation for discussion...
Sounds interesting enough, have any photos?
Old 04-30-2007, 08:22 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

David, samby has made an archaic crossbow. I will reiterate that he should contact someone like Arthur P or Bill T at Excalibur Crossbows.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

There's a guy in the xbow forum on AT that is making them and he has posted some specs.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:19 PM

Like DNK said send Arthur P a PM and he should get back to ya. He knows alot more then most of us on them style of CB's. Not sure who Bill is but if Don says give him a try I would.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

In addition to the good advice you have already got you might shoot thru a chrony to get your arrow speed and using the arrow speed and weight
and the following chart get a good idea as to what you can hunt, you can also play with the weight of the arrow to change the kinetic energy.

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/features/practical_bowhunter/penetration/index.cfm

Martin
Old 04-30-2007, 06:05 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

Like DNK said send Arthur P a PM and he should get back to ya. He knows alot more then most of us on them style of CB's. Not sure who Bill is but if Don says give him a try I would.
Bill T is Bill Troubridge the founder and owner of Excal
Old 04-30-2007, 07:15 PM

Only thirty and already having memory loss!! I remember his name being mentioned alot when the drippy dipper was leaking on the floor and was whining about facts and such. Should be one I remember! LOL!!

Quick Reply: arrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.