Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 For all you Bar Hunters >

For all you Bar Hunters

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

For all you Bar Hunters

Old 04-26-2007, 01:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default For all you Bar Hunters

I got tired of sitting arounh the house and healing my knee so wife and I decided to go to cabin and fill up feeder and watch the wildlife, heres a few pictures, you can tell its a nice one by the head and ears and I figure it will gain about a 100 lbs. before hunting season.
Take a guess on its weight.

Martin

Old 04-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For all you Bar Hunters

LOL! Did you run???
Old 04-26-2007, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

Picture 2

Old 04-26-2007, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

Picture 3
Old 04-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Typical Buck

Very cool!
One of my goals this year is to take a week off, get my crossbow and head north for a bear. I want a rug for my hunting room, as well as the excitement of the hunt...
That one sure is a beauty!
Old 04-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

LOL! Did you run???
Not this time but I did a few years ago. I was going to get a better picture, gave my wife my .44 mag. pistol and told her to stay right behind me so i could grab it well she followed me to the end of the porch and i stepped off the porch and walked about 10 yds. took a few pictures and the bear looked up and charged, I reached back to get the gun and she was still on the porch.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its abit hard to its weight but looks around the 350 mark with the pic's ya posted. Starting to look likea keeper!
Old 04-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pydpiper

Very cool!
One of my goals this year is to take a week off, get my crossbow and head north for a bear. I want a rug for my hunting room, as well as the excitement of the hunt...
That one sure is a beauty!
David, bear hunting is not for everyone. What happens after the shot is different from deer, turkeys etc.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:01 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

bear hunting is pretty cool

I'm in central wisconsin and up until just recently we've never really had a big bear population, but that seems to be changing fairly quick, I've been seeing them quite regularly the last few years and have found a few bait setups in the area

I've put in forit but I'venever gotten a tag for one, it takes years to get one here and if you miss a year you go right back to square one so I've never still huntedone but I know a group of guys upin northern wisconsinthat run them with hounds and up until a few years ago I used to go up there every year, its a pretty fun time

Old 04-27-2007, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dnk has a point.
The Death Groan...... was out and my friend shot one out of the stand and the death groan gottoome...but now as yrs have passed I would like to go out and try it again......
Dont know if it sounds like that all the time when you take a bear,if it does I beleave alot of peole wouldnt do it.....maybe.....
I still think of that day every time I see a bear hunt or bear in general for the most part.....

Quick Reply: For all you Bar Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.