Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Pocket Knives!

Old 04-26-2007, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pocket Knives!

Well folks i did choose and buy a pocket knife. I got a Boker Tree Brand Congress 4 blade. Its nice red picked Bone handles and has great carbon steel blades. Paid $35 including shipping, its solid feeling and i am well pleased.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pocket Knives!

I quite carring my single blade Buck about 15 yrs ago,went with the leatherman on the side,its alittle nicer for what I do and did.I do have a box with about 125 or so cheap pocket knives and some bigger folding knivesbut I kinda just give them away(frost cutlery is what they are I think).
I still look around for another nice one but really dont like to cludder my pockets anymore...saw one for 69.00 that I liked(USA)but will just have to keep looking..When I carry my CW(IWB or OWB)I dont wear the leatherman because it gets in the way.Thats when a nice pocket knife would be nice,but for the most part I carry with a shoulder holster.......
Glad you found one that works for you..............
Old 04-26-2007, 07:38 AM
Dominant Buck

Smoke, I also have Bokers and many other brands, but have been carrying in my pocket a Schrade "Old Timer" stockmans 3 blade since 1970, it's 37yrs old and still in my pocket!
Old 04-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rebel Hog ya lucky hog you. Still toting a good USA made Schrade, they be made in china now. I have an Uncle Henry lockback folder, but my Mrs. took it from me. Told me i would get into trouble with it. She just wanted it, durn woman! An i just couldn't use and lose that $1.98 Colonial myyoungestson gave me in 84! My oldest son got my sharpfinger, just can't have nutten wid family with sticky fingers!
Old 04-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Dominant Buck

This is my biggest Stockman Pocket Knife!

Old 04-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya need a possibles bag to tote that knife around! Gee thats a fer real big pocket knive!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:00 PM

I carry a Sears 3 blade, "3 1/4" Stock Knife", stainless steel made by Camilus. Its been in my pocket for at least 20 years, sharpened many times but still holds an edge. I'm lost without it.
I like the knife so much I bought a new one that is sitting NIB in my drawer.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

Here's a Dunn pocket knife. No longer made. Said it took too much time to make one for what he could charge for it. Very sharp and holds an edge.

http://www.dunnknives.com/

Old 04-27-2007, 07:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I carry my grampa's Case medium stockman. We gave it to him for Christmas in 1964. My dad got it after grampa passed on and now that dad's gone, I've got it.It's still got tobacco stains on it.

Grampa chewed Tinsley plug tobacco. Every time I handle the knife I can still see him sitting on the porch in his old chair, kicked back with his feet up on the porch rail and slinging a stream of t'backy juice out into the flower bed.