Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Speak up!

Old 04-22-2007, 08:47 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default Speak up!

You guys are going to have to speak up when talking to me. My new 17HMR blew up in my hands! Stock split, magazine blew apart and out of the gun, ears still ringing for the last 6 hours! Hmmm What did you say???? LOL! I'm glad to be realitively healthy, well physically anyways! Glad I wear glasses. I got pelted with gun powder when it blew up. For anyone interested it WAS an Remington Model 597 LS HB.
When I pulled back the slide and looked the case was not fully in the chamber. It was all crumpled up and flattened. I am amazed that the gun could fire a round that is not fully chambered!
Now where is that ringing noise coming from???
Old 04-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Speak up!

you got to be kidding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Nope, not one little bit. Stock is even laminated. I left it with my buddy to take to the shot where I bought it. Don't think I'll be getting it replaced by another of the same! LOL, my hearing was bad enough before, its pretty flat right now and it's a still a ringing!
Old 04-22-2007, 09:12 PM

Wow! That sucks!!!Are you going to try and contact Remington about it? Maybe get some free stuff out of that one. You should go to a doc and get yourears checked. I am not one intosue happy people, but youcan never get your hearing back if it is damaged!
Old 04-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Naw, I wouldn't launch a lawsuit. My hearing was pretty damaged already from being a mehanic, shooting so many guns, walking into the firing range without muffs and mostly from being married! LOL!
Old 04-22-2007, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

mostly from being married .

I call that one selective hearing .
Old 04-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Typical Buck

Dnk, sorry to hear about your new gun blowing up, hope the ringing goes away with no after effects ( been there before).
Think maybe its time for us old codgers to get out the safety glasses and ear muffs.

Martin

Old 04-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Martin, thank you. I think you are right about the ear muffs! Other than that I am not angry, life is way to good to be upset about something like this. I know I will get a replacement gun so there's nothing lost except a bit of what is left of my hearing. Every day above ground is a good one!
Old 04-23-2007, 04:06 AM
Fork Horn

Deleted
Old 04-23-2007, 04:07 AM
Fork Horn

GLAD YOU ARE OK
Was that loud enough?

Quick Reply: Speak up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.