Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 For Horton Users! >

For Horton Users!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

For Horton Users!

Old 04-21-2007, 08:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Default For Horton Users!

Recall Notice Horton Crossbowsby: archerytrader( 181)
25 out of 27 people found this guide helpful.[/align]Guide viewed: 1053 times Tags: Archery | Crossbow | Horton | Compound | Xbow[/align]

[hr]

Warning, if you are buying a Horton Crossbow online, make sure to check the serial number to see if it is one of these recalled models.

VOLUNTARY PRODUCT RECALL
October 2004

Horton Manufacturing Company, Inc. has determined that, under certain circumstances, the limb mounting system on certain select models of Horton Crossbows manufactured in 2004 may become unsafe. The Horton Crossbow models that may be susceptible to this condition are easily identifiable and Horton will remedy the condition without charge.

The Horton crossbow models that are covered by this Product Recall are:

* Model CB610 - Hunter Max 175 Bow (Serial Numbers below D 23,000)
* Model CB625 - Hunter Max 175 Bow Package (Serial Numbers below D 23,000)
* Model CB710 - Legend XL 175 Bow (Serial Numbers below E 64,000)
* Model CB705 - Legend XL 175 Bow Package (Serial Numbers below E 64,000)
* Model CB805 - Explorer TR 175 Bow Package (Serial Numbers below I 77,200)

All of these Horton crossbow models are easily identifiable as having only one limb-mounting bolt per limb (two mounting bolts per crossbow). The Serial Number is located on the right hand side of the crossbow stock near the front of the crossbow.

Horton urges you NOT to use any of the Horton crossbow models identified above to avoid any chance of serious injury to yourself or to others.

To return your crossbow model to Horton Manufacturing Company, Inc. for immediate inspection, repair or replacement with new upgraded mounting system components, simply contact a Horton Customer Service Representative through the Horton Manufacturing website WWW.HORTONMFG.COM for immediate response, or by telephone (toll-free) or Fax:

WWW.HORTONMFG.COM Toll Free: 1 (800) 551-7468 Fax: (330) 633-7751

Please have your complete mailing address, crossbow model and serial number available when you contact Horton Customer Service. Please do not return your crossbow to Horton Manufacturing Company, Inc. without first contacting a Customer Service Representative.

No other Horton crossbow models or other products are covered by this recall. This notification applies only to the crossbow models and serial numbers set forth above.[/align]

Guide ID: 10000000001915796Guide created: 09/27/06 (updated 04/01/07)[/align][/align]
Old 04-22-2007, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For Horton Users!

thanks for the heads up. I have the legend XT175 package its a 2005 model so im safe I believe.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:01 PM

Rebel Hog
Do you know what problem created the recall?
Tkx, Mike
Old 04-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Sgt Mike

Rebel Hog
Tkx, Mike
Horton Manufacturing Company, Inc. has determined that, under certain circumstances, the limb mounting system on certain select models of Horton Crossbows manufactured in 2004 may become unsafe. The Horton Crossbow models that may be susceptible to this condition are easily identifiable and Horton will remedy the condition without charge.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Sgt Mike

Rebel Hog
Tkx, Mike
I was told two different stories about this. First one from a Horton dealer was that they had a bad lot/batch of metal that they machined the washers from and they were failing causing the limbs to break and come off the bow. Said the metal was to brittle and cracking under the pressure of beingshot after time and failing. The second story I heard was from a non Horton dealer and he said they put to small of washers on the CBcausing the limbs to break through the washers around the bolts. I am not sure which is right, but I remember when this first came up back in 04/05 I seen one on Ebay for sale in the summer of 05 after I bought mine, and said it was part of the recall but had not been turned in yet. By the way it looked in the pic it looked like it had the same size washer as mine. So that lead me to believe it was defective metal, but not sure.