Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 No weld serving jig >

No weld serving jig

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

No weld serving jig

Old 04-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default No weld serving jig

I've been thinking about how some of us could make a jig without welding and I think I've come up with a workable and convient sized project that can even hang on the wall. Check out the picture. If you have any questions you know where to find me! LOL! In jail right beside Dan!
PS, I should have drawn a second hook on the left side. Make sure you use a nice looking piece that doesn't look like it will split. Also make sure you cut the wood square! This should work really well.
Edit. I failed to mention that hard would wood (hehehe) be obviously better than spruce. Red or Jack pine are very hard woods as well.

Old 04-10-2007, 05:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: No weld serving jig

Hmmm... Interesting.

You wouldn't believe my serving 'jig.' I doflemish when I make my own strings, so I don't need toserve end loops. For the center serving, I lay the string across my knees, hook a bungie cord to one end loop, run the cord under my legs and hook to the other end loop. Then I tension the string by spreading my knees apart.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:16 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Arthur, sounds like you have nice thigh muscles! LOL! This and my jig can put a horrendous amount of tension on them so that the string is pre-stretched and the serving put on tighter. I doesn't matter so much on recurves or long bows but on an Exocet 200 or the Exomax where the claws dig in like a shovel it does matter. When the serving is put on when the string is stretched really tight then when relaxed the servings compress giving you a serving that takes longer to wear out. If you listen to some of the Max owners, you'll hear stories of the serving damaged beyond use after 100 and even less shots! LOL! Don't think I want one of those! Just kidding. The problem with them is that the factory servings aren't tight enough to stop the claws from digging in between the serving wraps. Besides, I don't need the exercise!

Old 04-10-2007, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

This and my jig can put a horrendous amount of tension on them so that the string is pre-stretched and the serving put on tighter.
No doubt. I was just reflecting on how far behind the technology curve I am. [8D]

Old 04-10-2007, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here ya go, no welding flash burns on this beauty, lol.

Old 04-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Here ya go, no welding flash burns on this beauty, lol.

Dan, that's a Beauty!
Old 04-10-2007, 11:54 AM

Looks good guys! But now that I am done with my welding classes I am currently going weld crazy! I don't want to do it if it can't be welded! Starting to drive the wife crazy with it lately! LOL!!
Old 04-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

you guys rock. been looking for a jig that i can make. ty. actually don posted that so i would'ntbug him to reserve all my strings. lol.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I've cut some 1" square steel tubing and I'll get some wood tonight and make one tomorrow and we'll see in a day or two how well this works out. I'll keep youns posted!
Old 04-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

Nice looking jig awshucks. And BTW, there's a recall on that dog food you have there.
BBO

Quick Reply: No weld serving jig

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.