Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Why Crossbows???? >

Why Crossbows????

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Why Crossbows????

Old 04-03-2007, 03:37 PM

Default RE: Why Crossbows????

ORIGINAL: Montana Dave
Hotburn,

Your apology is unequivocally accepted, although not required.
It was, and am glad you accepted. I was wrong from the get go and its great friends that I can trust when I need them. I will say that I honestly thought of you as a wolf in sheep's clothes just trying to put down my method of hunting and try defending it for your entertainment. Thanks to great friends, and with yours and there persistence I was able to upright my ship.

I also did not realize until I had a pm that you had the same thing posted in the regular forum. It was nice to see that many people that are accepting it, but as you can see there is still alot of work needed to be done for all to understand. Don't worry about your hogs, from the last seasons work they should be safe!! LOL!!
Old 04-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

Don't worry about your hogs, from the last seasons work they should be safe!! LOL!!

Old 04-04-2007, 12:10 PM

Yikes! I just had to see it for myself. Went to the archery shop and shot the Excaliber. WOW! That is a lot like fun! (Ha! Ha!) It seems like it is much faster than compounds, but the pro shop owner assured me the compounds are faster.

Anyway- lots of fun! Thought I would share.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Which model did you shoot?

Vixen 286 fps
Phoenix 305"
Exocet 330"
Exomax 350"
Old 04-04-2007, 12:24 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Montana Dave

It seems like it is much faster than compounds, but the pro shop owner assured me the compounds are faster.
By how much? Did he tell you how long it takes to change a String on the Excalin the field over a compound?

Dave it's everyones prerogative to choose which ever they like, they will all kill game, but which ones have less maintenance?
Old 04-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I got my first bow, I cam so close to getting the Excalibur Exomax. I wanted one then, and I still want one. If I could have talked the wife into it, I would have gotten both. Oh yes, it will be mine.... maybe if I sell my motorcycle.....
Old 04-04-2007, 01:12 PM

Oh my God! You mean there are different models, too? (Ha! Ha!) It was an Excaliber and it was a crossbow and it was fun! And it shoots little arrows pretty fast! Thats all I have to say about that.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Typical Buck

Good to hear you enjoyed it!
I was standing shoulder to shoulder with a guy in the range once, my Excalibur sounded like a gun going off compared to his Hoyt.. He said that thing must be shooting those arrows pretty fast.. At that time I was shooting 299 FPS, his Hoyt was doing 310.
Fun to be had by all!

Old 04-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think someone is going to get the CB bug here....Say Dave buy the Vortex,ship it to me and I will let you know if its any good..In a year or four..
Old 04-04-2007, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know about Dave, but I've had the "bug" for a while. I just don't have the crossbow yet. My heart's set on the Exomax.

Quick Reply: Why Crossbows????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.