Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

O/T My Fish

Old 03-27-2007, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default O/T My Fish

Has nothing to do w/ xbows, except I went fishing on my pond instead of shooting mine. All I ever catch is bass and what's called "goggle eye" here, but is actually a green sunfish on those fresh water fish charts. About 3 years ago, I put 400 channel cat, 200 hybred bluegills and 200 redear sunfish, along w/ 10,000 fat-head minnows. Cats were 6" long and the pan fish about an inch. I've caught 3 redears in the last two days, thought you might like to see them.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: O/T My Fish

You must eat pretty well over ther Dan! Those are some fine looking fish.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's the tworedear. The smallest in other pic is a goggle eye.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

one last pic up close

Old 03-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Nice Dan! I also have a large pond on my property.
I took these with the phone Camera.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

Looks great!

I just put a 3/4 acre pond on my property... Stocked it with Fatheads, Shiners, and Tadpoles last fall... Putting Largemouth, Channtel Cats, Redear Sunfish, Bluegill, Hybrid Bluegill, and Hybrid Stripers in the next couple of weeks... Can't wait!!!
Old 03-29-2007, 12:32 AM
Typical Buck

they are nice panfish.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yup looks like we shall have us a fish fry soon as i get some traveling money. I love to fish and i will even clean and cook them. Do you have a fish fryer or do i need to bring mine along wid my Mrs.?
Old 03-29-2007, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

Yup looks like we shall have us a fish fry soon as i get some traveling money. I love to fish and i will even clean and cook them. Do you have a fish fryer or do i need to bring mine along wid my Mrs.?
Smoke, got every toy known to mankind, lol. Actually, my gal pal pan fries them par excellance. What I forgot to put in my original post is until I caught these redear, I had never seen any of the fish I stocked it with since I put them in the pond. Haven't caught any cats or gills. She likes the smaller bass so she can pan fry them, I throw em back when she can't see me, lol.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:12 AM
Dominant Buck

[hr]

Hey Dan,if you don't want your batter to be soggy and like it Crisp, this is what we use for all our fish frys and we are having one Next Saturday at the park.

Drakes Crispy Frymix Batter
In a Large Zip-Lock Bag pour Batter to about 1/4 full, Dip fish in Water, put in Bag, Shake Good and place in frying pan with the Oil or Grease at proper temperature. Fry untill Golden and place on paper towels on Platter and Chow Down!!!

Quick Reply: O/T My Fish

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.