Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Knee Replacement Surgery >

Knee Replacement Surgery

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Knee Replacement Surgery

Old 03-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default Knee Replacement Surgery

Wish me luck fellas I'm getting a new knee monday morning, any advice from some of you old codgers that have had it done, can you still use a climbing or lock on stand.

Martin
Old 03-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Knee Replacement Surgery

You'll be as good as gold in a few months and climbing up the stands by fall Martin! I have quite a few old customers and when they have it done they are gardening by the end of summer (on their knees).
Martin, have fun this weekend, you have some work ahead of you to recover. Are you getting the second one done later or do you only need one?
Old 03-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: martinfaw

Wish me luck fellas I'm getting a new knee Monday morning, any advice from some of you old codgers that have had it done, can you still use a climbing or lock on stand.

Martin
Wishing you the best of luck!

Well, the worst part of Knee Replacement is the rehab after surgery. You will do rehab untill you can bend your leg back 90* and some people will never bend it back more than 50 or 60*, but those are the one's who give up.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Wishing you the best of luck!

Well, the worst part of Knee Replacement is the rehab after surgery. You will do rehab untill you can bend your leg back 90* and some people will never bend it back more than 50 or 60*, but those are the one's who give up.
Several in my family have had it done and the rehab is the key part! The pain when you do your exercises will make you and who ever helping you cry, at least it made me cry when I had to help mom. But if you think you can wait until it heals and then do it you will be wrong and have a stiff leg that you have to throw around! Make sure you do the knee bends and you will be OK!
Old 03-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Spike

Good luck to you. I have had my hip replased not my knees & I can tell you they are right the rehab is the key. Stick with it & it well work out fine. God bless,
Old 03-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bear1

Good luck to you. I have had my hip replased not my knees & I can tell you they are right the rehab is the key. Stick with it & it well work out fine. God bless,
71/2 yrs ago, the doctor told me I needed both of my hips replaced. I told him, when I come to see you in a wheel chair, then I will have them replaced![8D]
Old 03-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck. Work hard on the rehab. Lee
Old 03-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

You'll be as good as gold in a few months and climbing up the stands by fall Martin! I have quite a few old customers and when they have it done they are gardening by the end of summer (on their knees).
Martin, have fun this weekend, you have some work ahead of you to recover. Are you getting the second one done later or do you only need one?
I need two, but I thought I would wait till after next hunting season for the other.

Martin
Old 03-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: bear1

71/2 yrs ago, the doctor told me I needed both of my hips replaced. I told him, when I come to see you in a wheel chair, then I will have them replaced![8D]
And I thought you were smarter than that! Reb, if you go to get your hips done when you cannot walk your muscles will be short and poorly toned. Your rehab will take much longer and you'll have more pain if you rehabilitate well at all. Don't be a duffus, what you are doing is not a good thing. My father inlaw had it done twenty years ago and he handled the rehab like a king. He had it redone 15 years later and the rehab was even easier the second time becuase of medical advancements. The cuts are smaller and the proceedures are better. I have a customer that is walking without pain in 6 weeks! Now are you telling me that these guys are better than you?
Old 03-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: martinfaw

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Good plan, you sure have your priorities straight! LOL!
I need two, but I thought I would wait till after next hunting season for the other.

Martin

Quick Reply: Knee Replacement Surgery

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.