Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Passing time???

Old 03-07-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Passing time???

Was just curious what everyones plans are for the passing of spring? I plan on spending lots of time scouting the new swamp spot and possibly building a nice elevated ground blind for me and dad to share hunts out of. I have to get the new feeder set up and have the mounting post all made, hopefully the ground will be thawed enough for me to dig the hole for it. I also have the new .204 ruger that I plan on fine tuning a hand load for it, never found the right one last summer. As far non hunting is concerned, I may plan on going back up to the Maumee river for the walleye run. Have done it some and its alot of fun. As far as non hunting is concerned I am currently in a welding class for AWS certification. I have my stick welding down and am currently working on TIG welding aluminum and stainless. I am really surprised at how fun the TIG is. Hopefully if all my ducks line up just right I will have a Vortex by my birthday and that will consume my summer until deer season gets here! So what are all your plans for the off season? The only one I can think of is all the work ranger has to do on his porch. Anyone one else have any plans?
Old 03-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Passing time???

i like to garden so that takes up a lot of time in the spring. i always save some time for perch fishing. also have a horse that thinks his sole purpose in life is to eat grass. i need to teach him how to be a horse this spring.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 03-08-2007, 07:27 AM
Fork Horn

Turkey hunting, tomato growing, fishing, shooting X-bow, little more turkey hunting
Bill
Old 03-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well i really want to do some fishing cause ain't no turkeys anywhere close by. Plus i figure my Mrs. will have 492 honey do's on a weekly basis![&o]
Old 03-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I'll be making strings, puttering around the cottage, working, chasing turkeys around and drinking stuff with alcohol in it. Oh yeah, I will be shooting my new Hoyt Vulcan! Yessssssssssss!
Old 03-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

I will be shooting my new Hoyt Vulcan! Yessssssssssss!
The only Vulcan i have ever Shot is this one back in the 60's! At 6,000 Rds Per Min! Yessssssssssss!
Montys Miniguns M134 Reality Page

Old 03-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

Fishing, scouting, major yard clean up.. I have to re-turf a big chunk of land I tore up to lay a weeping bed. We are also planning on doing a major addition this year to accommodate the new family member, our home is small.
Turkeys, fishing, camping, and probably some work..
Old 03-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Turkey hunting,food plots,working on the camping area where I hunt,
riding my four wheeler,get ready for deer season,enjoy my wife and
my dogs,spend as much time in the woods as I can!
Old 03-08-2007, 05:47 PM
Typical Buck

Well I won the lottery so I'm going to DisneyWorld! Then, buy a new house in England. Go on a two month cruise. Buy a 1000 acres of prime deer land. Buy 15 new crossbows. Find a new, young wife. Hire a full time professional deer hunter to just sit around and talk hunting with me all day. Buy a thousand head of filet mingon cows. Grow a field full of baked pototas.
Other than that, I'll just be a little lazy until deer season rolls around.
Oh, and early April Fool on winning the lottery!
BBO

Quick Reply: Passing time???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.