Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crossbow in PA

Old 02-28-2007, 08:30 AM

Default Crossbow in PA

DO yuo have to be disabled to hunt with a crossbow in PA....if so what kind of disability
Old 02-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Crossbow in PA

there are a few areas around the philly area where xbows are legal. beyond that....it simply has to be a disability for which your doctor will write you a note. go online to pa fish and game....print the form to hunt with a xbow and have your doctor fill it out. the pa game commission site will also say which areas are legal for xbox. good luck.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:37 PM

I think the counties where you don't need the permit is 2b 5c 5d. All others need a disability permit.....either temp. ( for one year) or life time disabled. Your doctor must fill out form with your health issue for your request to obtain such a permit. After completed from dr , a $5 check must be sent with form to the PGC......PGC will decide if it will issue you the permit considering your health condition. If issued , it thats about 3 weeks to receive it. It must be carried with you at all times while hunting with the crossbow. A lil card in one corner is cut out...one can laminate it.
Good luck
BOB in PA
Old 02-28-2007, 05:34 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: AngelofDeth92

DO yuo have to be disabled to hunt with a crossbow in PA....if so what kind of disability
Sendsproulmana PM, he knows !
Old 02-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Old 02-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: AngelofDeth92

Sendsproulmana PM, he knows !
yes, i do.as said above, those counties you can..be very careful on the DISABILITY permit..employeers are finding out you have a disability and are watching you..you know how employers are about someone with injury at work..

also lawsuits are being denied because you have a prior injury you reported to get a crossbow permit..also insurance reps find this out also..

i heard a guy at work lost his lawsuit because he had prexisting condition that he reported to get a crossbow permit..

also make sure at your physicals at work you report you have a known condition that you used to get a crossbow permit..employeers are finding this out and asking why you did not report it on your physical papers..

these are comments i am hearing from workers over coffee..
The words of a possible anti.........[&:] What is that reptile called that changes colors with its environment?
Old 03-01-2007, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Old 03-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

JK, because you've honoured me by asking me for technical help. I'll let the others take care of you.[>:] As a good man recently said, words are like arrows, once you've let them go, you can't get them back. I'll add to that before letting the arrow go, look hard at the arrow and make sure it's the right one.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Too bad I quoted the wrong post. Explain this one!
Report | Post #: 37 RE: new jersey crossbow season - 2/27/2007 11:48:54 PM showPicture("2/27/2007 11:48:54 PM",0,0,0,2004551,30) sproulman
titleAndStar(1221,0,false,false,"","")Life Member

[align=center][/align]
Status: offline .do i like crossbows, NO, because i dont want more hunters after 1 buck that is left in my hunting area..

iN any other season, i dont care..someday when i am old ,90 years old , i will most likely use CROSSBOW..its not crossbow i hate, its MORE hunters in woods..

Old 03-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Quick Reply: Crossbow in PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.