Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Brace Height

Old 02-16-2007, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default Brace Height

Will someone explain what "brace height" is?
Bil
Old 02-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Brace Height

Bill, on an Excal it's the distance from where the string sits at rest to the end of the rail, where it mates w/ riser.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

Thank's, the more I shoot this thing the more I try to learn. Fella down the road work's on it now, but has offered to give me his press as he is 70 and retired.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:13 AM

Not exactly sure where it is measured from on a regular bow, but on a CB it is where the string is at on the barrel in the un cooked position. The Excal's come with some scribe marks and you twist or untwist your string to make it shorter or longer to change the brace height. On a long bow I do not know if it is measured from a standard rest of the front of the bow or what.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:16 AM

You guys type to fast! First there is no answer, then by the time I get done, two responses!! LOL!
Old 02-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Dominant Buck

What is the proper brace height for my Excalibur?
Ideally your Excalibur should measure about 1" to 1.5" from the string when it's at rest to the junction of the deck and riser. If your string braces too close to the riser just twist it a bit to shorten it and it'll move back. If you have a newer model you will notice 2 lines scribed on the top of the mainframe, the string cansit anywhere between these 2 lines.If you have just 1 line on your mainframe then you can set the string up to 3/8" on either side of theline.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

Fast is not the word for it. Reb, would ya happen to know what it should be for a Barnett q-400? Or maybe a link to a set up site!!
Bill
Old 02-16-2007, 09:22 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: retiredarmy

Fast is not the word for it. Reb, would ya happen to know what it should be for a Barnett q-400? Or maybe a link to a set up site!!
Bill
Can't find it anywhere! Here's the manual
QUAD 400

Old 02-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: retiredarmy

Bill
Can't find it anywhere! Here's the manual
QUAD 400
I had a Quad and there wasn't anything in the manual about b.h. You will prolly need to call Bnett and see. You can adjust yours by twists in the string if you know where to set it, lol. Maybe yote or one of the other Bnett guys will chime in.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

Brace height is about personal preference, as long as your preference fits in the companies recommendations.
I only monitor the BH to keep accurate, the brace height will change as a string stretches, and so will the POI. I check it every time I go shooting.

Quick Reply: Brace Height

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.