Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Wy. Hunt!

Old 02-02-2007, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wy. Hunt!

There are couple of us pm'ing back and forth about going to Wy. this coming year to hunt Pronghorns & Deer. If anyone be interested, as in fer real. Put yer name here in this post thread we shall start getting the planning done. I know Pronghorn tag is $273 and i think Deer is $241, but its abit over $500 fer both. Not that you have to get both you can take one or the other or both. I'm getting both! [][:-]
Old 02-02-2007, 07:42 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wy. Hunt!

Mike, what are the dates?
Old 02-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Antelope seasons start on Aug. 15th and Sept. 1 have look up the Deer yet.
Old 02-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Areas that i was emailed were real good to hunt. Gillete, west Casper, Kaycee, Buffalo, Moorcroft and couple areas. Plenty of land and good bit of private we can access thru the Wy. hunting pact with ranch owners!
Old 02-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

What are all the details you have. Lodging and stuff like that.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Lodging would be motels. In the years past land owners charged a "tresspass fee". Usually per animal. I forget what the amount was.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was reading about The private land access law. The Game & Fish dept. of Wy. has already paid the fees on lots of great Ranches fer us to hunt. We just decide what area and get drawn and also apply fer permission slip fer access to the area. There is and Archery permit fee of $25 that has to be bought prior to hunting.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wy. allows up to 6 people to apply as a party, but notparty hunt. So with that in mind as DNK said we rent a Motel Room or 2 depends how many of us go. I will do the motel every other nite and camp out the other nite. We can do a reasonable hunt on costs. Tags and gas fer trip will cost us the most. I will most likely drive, anyone who wants to fly in, I or one of the others can pick up at nearest airport.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

The best i can tell Deer archery starts on sept. 1. We may find and area that both open on sept.1. I want to get out and scout fer waterholes and setup my blind. Early mornings scout fer deer and when it gets warm scout Pronghorns. Archery season is much better than all thetrucks running the roads and shooting rifles and spooking them!
Old 02-08-2007, 02:57 PM

I was just checking the regs on line. It confused me (and I'm from Colorado where we have the MOST confusing laws). I think I read on there that most likely the archery seasons would start on Sept. 1 or Aug 15 and go until the gun season started. It sounds like they don't have the dates set yet. Do you guys know anything about the discounted doe tags that they sell. It looks like they are $39 for non-res. For my first time I wouldn't mind hunting pronghorn does. The management units looked confusing too. It looked like they had different units for different species and also different ones for residents and non-residents. If you guys find out where you will be and if I can get a leftover tag for that area, I may join you for part of the hunt. I live about 2 hrs. from Cheyenne.

Quick Reply: Wy. Hunt!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.