Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 making flemish strings >

making flemish strings

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

making flemish strings

Old 01-25-2007, 09:36 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default making flemish strings

Its really easy guys. Check out the upper one, I made it in about 45 minutes and its my first one. The second from the top (green and black) is an Excal string. I made the string board myself and took apart an old femish string to get a strand count and measurements as far as when joint braids etc.
Next is an Endless loop string jig!
Cool eh guys!!!???

Old 01-25-2007, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: making flemish strings

Looks real good, are you making just the dacron strings? Or will you also make the fast flite strings? Yup you knowed where this be heading!
Old 01-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

No no fast flight yet. I don't use them. But if do I'll send you some Mike. But its soooo easy and you can make your own string board. You have to buy wood, nails, string, a serving too and serving. I got the insructions to make a string board and modified them for a crossbow. Any ways if anyone wants the dimentions just ask.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:47 AM
Typical Buck

very nice....please post dimentions.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

That'll be 5 cents please! LOL!
I posted it big and fat so you can read it. If you have any questions go ahead and ask. I would advise you to get worn flemish sting and take it apart. I did and marked with a magic marker where the braids started and ended and length of loop.
There's a few sites that explain how to make a flemish twist string but I bought a DVD from 3 Rivers Archery. http://www.3riversarchery.com/ListProduct.asp?offset=6 There are two of them and I think this one is the second best. This one is better in that it shows you how to make an endless string as well. It also shows you how to make jigs for flemish and endless strings. http://www.3riversarchery.com/ListProduct.asp?offset=8

Old 01-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

And my first three colour/bundle string.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I knew i couldn't make the jig! I can't cut or saw wood nor pound a nail into a board, they bend every time! Not only that but i can't read or write! So i will have to pay fer mine, DNK!
Old 01-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Mike, you can use a spruce 2X4 and pre-drill for the nails. Try it Mike. Its real easy. You just need one 1/4 lb of whatever you want to use and with that you can make endless loop assuming you have a serving tool. The string board on mine has those holes in the middle so you can adjust the string length but you don't need it. Just a 2X4 and four nails and you have a longer one.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Typical Buck

cool ty for the post don. i've done all the work on my bows and made my own arrows for over 30 yrs. it's high time i learned to make bow strings.....hehe.[8D]
Old 01-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Shewe, you won't believe how easy it is.

Quick Reply: making flemish strings

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.