Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crossbow Weight

Old 01-25-2007, 09:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Crossbow Weight

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

To answer your ? On Vixen its listed under Excalibur CB's! With the rope cocker it pulls 75 lbs. Using the Crankaroo its 5Lbs. Its only 6 lbs. in weight!
You know Smokey, I was set on the Exocet, but I have been thinking it over and all I would need for White Tailsand Hogs down here is a Vixen.At my age and condition, Iwon't be going out West or the Land of Katsumi anymore. You guys got me thinking on the Vixen!
Old 01-25-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its not a good CB, its a Great CB! I will be getting one this year, no doubt about it!
Old 01-25-2007, 10:40 AM

I use the Ten PointSteddy Eddy on my Vixen Wolverine xbows. It sure makes a difference whenholding your aim steady.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/Digger886/Vixencustomstock001.jpg
Old 01-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Dominant Buck

WOW! I like that! Can you buy it with that stock or is it Special Order?

Old 01-25-2007, 10:54 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Hey Digger, do you live in Ajax/Whitby???
Old 01-25-2007, 12:16 PM

I like the Steady Eddy Pod and the wood stock but the stock appears to add weight. Does it and if so how much? The trumb hole would be really nice. It's been my experience when hunting that you have very little time to adjust pods and get prepared for the shot.With the POD what goes into preparing to assure you have the right height and angle for the shot and do you always have sufficient time without the deer seeing you?

Say any recommendations on a scope and places to purchase? I looked at the first site and sorta like the DOT scope system since it seems simple and most shots are up close.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Reb: That stock on Digger's bow was made by Mark Henegar in Ohio. he has made quite a few of them and to make a long story REAL short, a great guy to do business w/. I have two of them, one I had made for my Emax and the other came on a Paradox I bought from a fellow xbower in Canada. His prices start at $225 + S&H. Until this year when Excal offered the thumbhole stocks on Equinox [Emax] and the other new one, which is an Exocet, [forget name] Mark was about the only choice for this type of thing. To answer the other question, they add right at 2 lbs to the bow

I don't care for red dot sights. The ones w/ multiple dots for three ranges have the dots too close together for my tastes and I prefer the V-zone over anything else offered for a hunting scope, as it's spot on from 10 - 50 yds, regardless of fps. [up to 350]. I have a rest I made out of a crutch that I use in my ground blind. It's adjusted to be just right for me sitting in my chair. If I get a shot out of a side window, kinda like glance left or right and there one is when I expected them to be in front of me, I offhand them, not a problem at those close ranges. V-zone is $84 at bowhunterssuperstore.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:48 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Reb, get the Vixen!

Whchunter, rarely do I disagree with Awshucks but I have to tell you that the Varizone is a cheap thing compared to a real scope. My Varizone has only lost the rubber eye piece once but there is a trail of touble with those things. If you are a rifle hunter you should have learned that a good scope is more expensive than the rifle that you put it on. Do yourself a favour and buy a the best low power (1 to 3 power) scope you can afford. The Varizone delivers but it delivers what you asked for in a under $100.00 scope which is not much. Yes Martha you still get what you pay for.

Cannot answer your question about the POD. Why don't ask Catsclaw?
You can find her here http://www.thedisabledlife.com/forum/ She uses the name POWER CAT. There maybe others that can help.

Old 01-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Reb, get the Vixen!

Whchunter, rarely do I disagree with Awshucks but I have to tell you that the Varizone is a cheap thing compared to a real scope. My Varizone has only lost the rubber eye piece once but there is a trail of touble with those things. If you are a rifle hunter you should have learned that a good scope is more expensive than the rifle that you put it on. Do yourself a favour and buy a the best low power (1 to 3 power) scope you can afford. The Varizone delivers but it delivers what you asked for in a under $100.00 scope which is not much. Yes Martha you still get what you pay for.

Cannot answer your question about the POD. Why don't ask Catsclaw?
You can find her here http://www.thedisabledlife.com/forum/ She uses the name POWER CAT. There maybe others that can help.
Well!! Wecan agree to disagree. Name me a better xbow scope than the V-zone?? Granted, there is not alot of options, but I have three V-zones and have had no problems w/ them at all. Here's my reasoning. 1st off,I range every shot at an animal. Squirrell, rabbit, coyote, deer, they get dialed in. W/ the V-zone, I know where the arrow is going from 10 - 50 yds. Since I range, I can take small game consistantly at all ranges, at a mere$10 a pop, lol. Once you go to a single aim point device, you have two factors to deal w/. The range, as you percieve it, and where your memory tells you to hold for same. Twice the opportunity to err. Is the V-zone good optics?? NO!! Are their going to be situations where the light gets ya?? Yup!! Been there, done that, cost me a bobcat. Is there anything available that will cover all situations? Nope!!
Old 01-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Any comments on the Simmons Crossbow Scope?

Edit: I know this is off topic, but asked anyway!

Quick Reply: Crossbow Weight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.