Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Forum Behavior

Old 01-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Forum Behavior

Back to main topic now. FORUM BEHAVIOR
Old 01-21-2007, 06:13 AM

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

Work sucks! Go in for twelve hours and you miss five pages of fun! Hard to talk bad about the forum behavior when you all got along like a good group of high school kids! Looks like it was a good time last night! I think that it also proves that if you interject in somewhat of an intelligent conversations with each other we can have a great time, last night is Proof of that! The only time when there is problems is when someone pushes our easy button or when someone post with aggressive confrontation to disagree and that usually leads to bad times. Like already said, last night is a good example of the good times people can have on here!
Old 01-21-2007, 06:38 AM
Typical Buck

Holy cow this grew alot last night,m , DNK, my reply was not aimed at you bro..... I was addressing the forum behavior...... People get mad and quit posting or coming here just because somebody gets on their back, all I was say is dont let that crap get to you, and dont let those people run you off........

Dale
Old 01-21-2007, 07:23 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Tuffbroadhead

Holy cow this grew alot last night,m , DNK, my reply was not aimed at you bro..... I was addressing the forum behavior...... People get mad and quit posting or coming here just because somebody gets on their back, all I was say is dont let that crap get to you, and dont let those people run you off........

Dale
I have been trying to ignore the bad behavior but it isn't easy. My lip hurts now and then. Trouble with some is that the finger that gets pointed is sometimes very, very crooked.
Dale, thanks for the comments and I think we are all trying to not let "that" get to us.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

I think a lot of what was ment by the original post will or can not be understood unless you have been on the recieving end of some of what has been touched on, I have seen some post that were totally blown off as if the were not posted when someone was under these as it has been stated attacks, why would a person want to stay here on the forum when they have been attaced by other forum members both in the public part and via PM`s ???
Old 01-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

Work sucks! Go in for twelve hours and you miss five pages of fun! Hard to talk bad about the forum behavior when you all got along like a good group of high school kids! Looks like it was a good time last night! I think that it also proves that if you interject in somewhat of an intelligent conversations with each other we can have a great time, last night is Proof of that! The only time when there is problems is when someone pushes our easy button or when someone post with aggressive confrontation to disagree and that usually leads to bad times. Like already said, last night is a good example of the good times people can have on here!
I agree that some people can sometimes push your buttons to get you going, but when we get into personal attacks, that is not good for the sport of crossbows or this forum. Just like I said in the opening thread:
People you do not need to attack a person for making a personal opinion public. If you feel that opinion is incorrect, then disprove it with what you feel is the truth. Support it with data if you can. Everyone has or will have different opinions from the next one in line. If you feel you have to attack something, attack the statement, not the person. Free exchange of opinions and statements only makes a forum a better place.
Tuffbroadhead about your comment above:
... People get mad and quit posting or coming here just because somebody gets on their back, all I was say is dont let that crap get to you, and dont let those people run you off........
I do not know about you, but my participation in a forum (as well as I bet most people) is for enjoyment and learn. Think about it in a new persons' perspective, would you want to go to a site to learn if there is all that bickering and personal attacks. My time is limited and will not waste it going to a forum that is not enjoyable. That is my opinion, but I bet many people feel the same.

Free flowing thoughts, ideas and opinions (even if you do not agree with them)make a forum a great place to learn. If an opinion is flawed, then prove that with data to back up your opinion on why the OPINION is flawed. People are smart enough to sift through all the babble to see what is right and what is incorrect. But personal attacks will only turn people away.

I am lucky, I have been hunting with crossbows for over 25 years in an area that it is legal and feels that it always has been. I have been involved (although a minor role) in helping different people in getting crossbows accepted, wither it just be at an archery club, or State rules and regulations. Educated banter will do alot more for this sport, then any of the attacks that these trolls or trouble making posts try to accomplish.

If you want the forum and the sport of crossbows to grow, then we must decide to not participate in personal attack (rise above the other people) but continue to provide the truth for people to learn. We can also police the forum ourselves, if we see a personal attack, step in right away and tell them that personal attacks are not accepted on this site. Stop it before it balloons. People will try to defend themselves against a personal attack and I do not blame them for wanting to.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

GT, I agree with what your saying 100%......dont get me wrong, but what my point is that , and I'm sure you already understand, is dont let a few bad people ruin a great place to trade ideas and hunting expirences.... So we are on the same side of the fence...

The crossbow debate is just warming up here in Texas...and the lines are drawn...its ugly for everybody...
Old 01-21-2007, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Grumpy Tom: I've been reading this thread for a couple of days now. Didn't recognize your name, but since I see you've been around awhile, I read a large majority of your past posts. I learned that you've been doing things I believe in for a long time now, Good job!!

I have a few observations/opinions I'd like to share. When I first joined this forum, there was a core group of about 20 posters. We get/got along fairly well for along time, passed info and opinions back and forth, kidded each other some and life was good. More and more people have joined since then, which, imho is a great thing. It's happening on every xbow forum that I'm on, a sure sign of total acceptance everywhere eventually. I think sometimes the newer members don't realize that alot of what we do is in fun. Once in awhile some one gets a case of "thin skin" and that generally results in a Pity Party, Table for One, Please! lol.

Since I've been here, about a year, I haven't seen much disrespect or name calling, as compared to some other forums. I know for a fact that we have done a pretty fair job of policing ourselves via pm's. Rarely has a mod had to step in, and in every case that I can recall, it was due to an outside flamer or what's commonly called a troll. I have another description for TROLL, which is Turmoil Resulting [from] On Line Ludicrous.
That seems to get the fur flying sooner or later every time it occurs.

We have a couple of posters here that are mods on other forums. I also believe this thread is a good reminder to us all to be civil, as far more read here than post.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Good post Dan and very accurate as well.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Dan, I read all your posts and sure enjoy them for their tip's and good advice! Keep it up.

Quick Reply: Forum Behavior

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.